Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
What is the average power consumption of the Thunderbolt display when hooked up to a new 85W MacBook Pro 15"?
I'm off-grid so this really matters. I'm gutted Apple have discontinued the 17" MacBook Pro because that extra screen real estate makes an enormous amount of difference. A desktop is much too power hungry for my situation, but if the Thunderbolt display is reasonable then this setup becomes a potential (if far more expensive) replacement option.
speakers for MacBook Pro 15 connected to Thunderbolt display
Just bought MacBook Pro 15, which will be connected to Thunderbolt display. Possible to connect speakers to the Thunderbolt? Or better to connect speakers to the MacBook? Thank you.
- Asked by Scott G from Santa Rosa
- Flag as inappropriate (speakers for MacBook Pro 15 connected to Thunderbolt display)
Calibration of Thunderbolt display in conjunction with Macbook Pro Retina
I have a Spyder3Elite monitor calibrator and I wanted to make sure that I would be able to achieve closely matched calibration of a Thunderbolt display and a Macbook Pro Retina (15").
Can you explain any settings that should be configured on one or the other to get equivalent colour results?
Has Apple tested calibrating Thunderbolt displays with MBP Retinas using any of the Spyder calibrators (or other brands)?
We have an older 27" iMac that is nicely calibrated and we want to make sure that the MBP Retina and Thunderbolt combination will be able to achieve the same results for photo editing as the old iMac.
- Asked by Sarah O from Newtown
- Flag as inappropriate (Calibration of Thunderbolt display in conjunction with Macbook Pro Retina)
Will I be able to use two of these displays on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)?
I would like to use a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011) with dual Apple Thunderbolt displays. Is that possible?
- Asked by Bryce C from Green Bay
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I be able to use two of these displays on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)?)
I have a MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2013) and my wife has a MacBook Air (Mid 2013). Can we both use the TB display to charge/voltage differences?
I have a new MacBook Pro 13''. Can I connect with 2 Apple Thunderbolt Display?
- Asked by Daren S from Teluk Intan
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a new MacBook Pro 13''. Can I connect with 2 Apple Thunderbolt Display?)
Can i connect a macbook pro equipped with Thunderbolt to an old ADC cinema display? if so, How?
I'm in the market for a new macbook pro, but i can't seem to find any definite information as to whether or not i can use my old cinema display (using ADC). I know there is an ADC-DVI converter, and a Thunderbolt-DVI converter. Is it possible to simply buy both and use the old display?
- Asked by Nolan C from Binghamton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect a macbook pro equipped with Thunderbolt to an old ADC cinema display? if so, How?)
Can I use the thunderbolt display megasafe cabe with the new macbook pro retina display? Megasafe plug is different now, isn't it?
- Asked by Vinicius P from São Paulo
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the thunderbolt display megasafe cabe with the new macbook pro retina display? Megasafe plug is different now, isn't it?)
I have a Mac Pro will your new Thunderbolt display work on it?
please specify the installation and guides
- Asked by Premalatha M from Ampang
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Mac Pro will your new Thunderbolt display work on it?)
Can I use both firewire ports (Thunderbolt Display AND Macbook Pro) concurrently?
I have a FW800 external hard drive, which I usually daisy chain through a FW400 audio interface (which brings the speed of both devices down to FW400).
Can I run the hard drive off the thunderbolt display at full (FW800) speed, while running the audio device at FW400 from the Macbook FW port?
- Asked by Christian A from Palmyra
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use both firewire ports (Thunderbolt Display AND Macbook Pro) concurrently?)
Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?
I love my 13" non-retina MacBook pro and I'm curious if the the Thunderbolt display is worth the money. I don't care about the glare as I will be looking out a window so the sun won't reflect on it. I produce music and an extra display would be of huge help. My concern is, is it reliable? I really don't care about height adjustment or anything but is it a quality-built monitor that will last a while? I have a 19" Dell Monitor but its having problems and I would like to upgrade to something better. I am also a school student and I guess it could help with research papers and such.
- Asked by Jesse H from Clarence Center
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?)
Can I connect to an external Thunderbolt HDD using the Thunderbolt on the display?
I have purchased a Thunderbolt NAS drive from Apple recently and also have a Thunderbolt enabled Macbook Air.
My question is that if I purchase then new Display, can I connect the NAS through the Thunderbolt port on the back of the Display?
I know this is the case for USB but does it work for Thunderbolt connected drives as well?
- Asked by John H
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect to an external Thunderbolt HDD using the Thunderbolt on the display?)
Thunderbolt display audio output to RCA
I have a Macbook Pro connected to a Thunderbolt display and I would like to output audio (ideally from the display) to a 5.1 speaker system that takes six RCA inputs. Can you tell me if this is possible and what I'd need please?
- Asked by John K
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display audio output to RCA)
No answers yet