Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Can I send video, audio, pictures etc to the display using AirPlay?
- Asked by Martin R from Reidsdale
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I send video, audio, pictures etc to the display using AirPlay?)
Thunderbolt display audio output to RCA
I have a Macbook Pro connected to a Thunderbolt display and I would like to output audio (ideally from the display) to a 5.1 speaker system that takes six RCA inputs. Can you tell me if this is possible and what I'd need please?
- Asked by John K
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display audio output to RCA)
No answers yet
can a thunderbolt display be used with a KMV switch?
To use the display for both a Mac tower and a Windows tower.
- Asked by Robert K from Philadelphia
- Flag as inappropriate (can a thunderbolt display be used with a KMV switch?)
Can you close your mac laptop while using the display?
- Asked by Albert K from Fort Lauderdale
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you close your mac laptop while using the display?)
Anyone using a thunderbolt display with a MBP with Retina Display? Is it the same clarity?
If not, what is the best option for a larger display with a 13inch retina display MBP?
- Asked by Taylor P from Grayson
- Flag as inappropriate (Anyone using a thunderbolt display with a MBP with Retina Display? Is it the same clarity?)
What are the USB ports and Ethernet port on Thunderbolt Displays used for?
So my question is, what all things I can connect to Thunderbolt display's USB ports?
If I connect a thumb drive, will it be accessible? (on mac mini if its connected to thunderbolt display)
If I have connected a Mac mini's thunderbolt port to Thunderbolt display, and for Internet access if I connect LAN cable to Ethernet port of Thunderbolt display, will I get internet connection on my mac mini?
- Asked by Vaibhav D from Pune
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the USB ports and Ethernet port on Thunderbolt Displays used for?)
Can I connect to an external Thunderbolt HDD using the Thunderbolt on the display?
I have purchased a Thunderbolt NAS drive from Apple recently and also have a Thunderbolt enabled Macbook Air.
My question is that if I purchase then new Display, can I connect the NAS through the Thunderbolt port on the back of the Display?
I know this is the case for USB but does it work for Thunderbolt connected drives as well?
- Asked by John H
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect to an external Thunderbolt HDD using the Thunderbolt on the display?)
using a mac air, what resolution will the thunderbolt display be capable of
- Asked by James M from Strathfieldsaye
- Flag as inappropriate (using a mac air, what resolution will the thunderbolt display be capable of)
Can I use both firewire ports (Thunderbolt Display AND Macbook Pro) concurrently?
I have a FW800 external hard drive, which I usually daisy chain through a FW400 audio interface (which brings the speed of both devices down to FW400).
Can I run the hard drive off the thunderbolt display at full (FW800) speed, while running the audio device at FW400 from the Macbook FW port?
- Asked by Christian A from Palmyra
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use both firewire ports (Thunderbolt Display AND Macbook Pro) concurrently?)
Using two thunderbolt displays connected through the TB port (not the pigtale cable)
The "pigtale" cable will be short to reach my mac mini. My question is, if I buy two TB Displays, Can I use the TB port on the 1st display to connect to the mac mini and the pigtale from the 1st display to connect to the 2nd TB display and then be able to use both displays? (mac mini '11 2.5ghz)
Can anybody please check that this actually works?
- Asked by Valentino C from Sao Paulo
- Flag as inappropriate (Using two thunderbolt displays connected through the TB port (not the pigtale cable))
Can I connect my PC with DisplayPort to the Thunderbolt Display using an adapter or cable?
For work, I have an HP EliteBook 8470p, which has DisplayPort. When I'm using it at home, I'd like to be able to hook it up to my Thunderbolt Display.
I haven't found a male DisplayPort to female mini-DisplayPort/Thunderbolt adapter, but I have found a male DisplayPort to male mini-DisplayPort/Thunderbolt cable, which would technically allow me to connect the devices. However, I'm not sure whether the Thunderbolt Display accepts input from anything other than it's attached cable, or whether my PC's DisplayPort signal is compatible. Is it?
- Asked by Brandon V from Medina
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my PC with DisplayPort to the Thunderbolt Display using an adapter or cable?)
Thunderbolt display, thunderbolt storage and networks/NAS
If the thunderbolt display is connected to my home network via ethernet (i.e. to my router)and also to a thunderbolt storage drive (such as the LaCie 4TB 2 big thunderbolt drive), will the storage drive function as a NAS that can be accessed by other devices on my network (e.g. for streaming photos and music to my Sonos, PC laptop, etc without a macbook being connected to the display too)?
- Asked by Tim A
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display, thunderbolt storage and networks/NAS)
Is the display area of this monitor flush when situated next to the next (2013) 27" iMac? If not how difficult would it be to align them?
I realise they are different case designs etc but looking at the tech specs they are different heights, I am more concerned with the displayable areas aligning rather than the cases being flush....
Calibration of Thunderbolt display in conjunction with Macbook Pro Retina
I have a Spyder3Elite monitor calibrator and I wanted to make sure that I would be able to achieve closely matched calibration of a Thunderbolt display and a Macbook Pro Retina (15").
Can you explain any settings that should be configured on one or the other to get equivalent colour results?
Has Apple tested calibrating Thunderbolt displays with MBP Retinas using any of the Spyder calibrators (or other brands)?
We have an older 27" iMac that is nicely calibrated and we want to make sure that the MBP Retina and Thunderbolt combination will be able to achieve the same results for photo editing as the old iMac.
- Asked by Sarah O from Newtown
- Flag as inappropriate (Calibration of Thunderbolt display in conjunction with Macbook Pro Retina)
Thunderbolt display cable length/extension
Apple doesn't say, but I've read that the integral Thunderbolt cable is just one meter (or three feet approx.). I have also read that it is possible to extend this by purchasing the two meter Thunderbolt cable from Apple and connecting to the extra port, but then I will not have powered USB / Firewire ports on the display.
Question: is there a connector that would allow me to extend the integral cable by adding Apple's cable and thus retain use of the Thunderbolt port and allow power to the USB & Firewire ports.
I am will be using this with a rMacbook Pro. I have some work I need to do at a few feet distant from the monitor.
- Asked by Jonathan B from Miami
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display cable length/extension)
No answers yet
If I connect my mac book pro to the thunderbolt display can I use a wireless mouse and keyboard instead of having/using the mac book open?