Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Can I connect my laptop from work (Dell / HP) to a Thunderbolt Display?
I would like to buy a Macbook Air for home but I would like to use one monitor for both, my PC from work (Dell / HP) and my new Macbook. I really like the Thunderbolt display but I am not sure if it will work with my PC.
- Asked by Juan S from Katy
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my laptop from work (Dell / HP) to a Thunderbolt Display?)
I want to use my HP laptop to connect with the apple display. So can I use a cinema display or thunderbolt display to use with my window laptop.
Is it possible to use Thunderbolt Display to any Hard Drive? (e.g. HP, Dell)
- Asked by Edwin Ugbinar A from Iloilo City
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to use Thunderbolt Display to any Hard Drive? (e.g. HP, Dell))
Can I connect my PC with DisplayPort to the Thunderbolt Display using an adapter or cable?
For work, I have an HP EliteBook 8470p, which has DisplayPort. When I'm using it at home, I'd like to be able to hook it up to my Thunderbolt Display.
I haven't found a male DisplayPort to female mini-DisplayPort/Thunderbolt adapter, but I have found a male DisplayPort to male mini-DisplayPort/Thunderbolt cable, which would technically allow me to connect the devices. However, I'm not sure whether the Thunderbolt Display accepts input from anything other than it's attached cable, or whether my PC's DisplayPort signal is compatible. Is it?
- Asked by Brandon V from Medina
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my PC with DisplayPort to the Thunderbolt Display using an adapter or cable?)
Can I connect to an external Thunderbolt HDD using the Thunderbolt on the display?
I have purchased a Thunderbolt NAS drive from Apple recently and also have a Thunderbolt enabled Macbook Air.
My question is that if I purchase then new Display, can I connect the NAS through the Thunderbolt port on the back of the Display?
I know this is the case for USB but does it work for Thunderbolt connected drives as well?
- Asked by John H
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect to an external Thunderbolt HDD using the Thunderbolt on the display?)
Is it possible to use the thunderbolt display at all without a connecting device?
e.g. would it be possible to plug in an external hard drive and watch a movie without connecting my laptop and/or would it be possible to use the internet or a word doc with no laptop connected at the time?
- Asked by Tessa W from Toowoomba
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to use the thunderbolt display at all without a connecting device?)
Thunderbolt display, thunderbolt storage and networks/NAS
If the thunderbolt display is connected to my home network via ethernet (i.e. to my router)and also to a thunderbolt storage drive (such as the LaCie 4TB 2 big thunderbolt drive), will the storage drive function as a NAS that can be accessed by other devices on my network (e.g. for streaming photos and music to my Sonos, PC laptop, etc without a macbook being connected to the display too)?
- Asked by Tim A
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display, thunderbolt storage and networks/NAS)
Is this Display Compatible with: HP Z400 Workstation with HP Thunderbolt Port Card with connections to High-End HP Graphics Card
I have a HP Z400 Workstation with a HP Fx4800 Graphics Card and a HP Thunderbolt Grapics Port Card that slotts into the main motherboard and has some additional connections to the HP Fx4800 Graphics Card. Is this compatible with this display?
Can I use this display with a Thunderbolt equipped Dell M3800?
- Asked by Billy H from Cincinnati
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this display with a Thunderbolt equipped Dell M3800?)
Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?
I love my 13" non-retina MacBook pro and I'm curious if the the Thunderbolt display is worth the money. I don't care about the glare as I will be looking out a window so the sun won't reflect on it. I produce music and an extra display would be of huge help. My concern is, is it reliable? I really don't care about height adjustment or anything but is it a quality-built monitor that will last a while? I have a 19" Dell Monitor but its having problems and I would like to upgrade to something better. I am also a school student and I guess it could help with research papers and such.
- Asked by Jesse H from Clarence Center
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the ThunderBolt Display worth the money?)
Thunderbolt display cable length/extension
Apple doesn't say, but I've read that the integral Thunderbolt cable is just one meter (or three feet approx.). I have also read that it is possible to extend this by purchasing the two meter Thunderbolt cable from Apple and connecting to the extra port, but then I will not have powered USB / Firewire ports on the display.
Question: is there a connector that would allow me to extend the integral cable by adding Apple's cable and thus retain use of the Thunderbolt port and allow power to the USB & Firewire ports.
I am will be using this with a rMacbook Pro. I have some work I need to do at a few feet distant from the monitor.
- Asked by Jonathan B from Miami
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display cable length/extension)
No answers yet
Using two thunderbolt displays connected through the TB port (not the pigtale cable)
The "pigtale" cable will be short to reach my mac mini. My question is, if I buy two TB Displays, Can I use the TB port on the 1st display to connect to the mac mini and the pigtale from the 1st display to connect to the 2nd TB display and then be able to use both displays? (mac mini '11 2.5ghz)
Can anybody please check that this actually works?
- Asked by Valentino C from Sao Paulo
- Flag as inappropriate (Using two thunderbolt displays connected through the TB port (not the pigtale cable))
Connecting my Bose speakers to the Thunderbolt display
Ive some Bose Music Monitor Computer speakers Id like to use.
How would I connect them?
- Asked by Paul T
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting my Bose speakers to the Thunderbolt display)
Will the computer charge as you are connected to the thunderbolt display
- Asked by Arline & Billye G from Albuquerque
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the computer charge as you are connected to the thunderbolt display)
Can you turn the Thunderbolt Display's volume OFF?
I want to connect the Bose Companion 5 system via USB, but my question is how do I turn off the Thunderbolt Display sound while keeping the sound coming from my Bose Speakers?
Thanks in advance, hope someone can answer this, i'd really appreciate it!
- Asked by Michael C from Riverview
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you turn the Thunderbolt Display's volume OFF?)
Can I connect from a PC with dual-link DVI to a Thunderbolt Display (27"), with Altona AT-DP400 (with MiniDisplayPort output)?
If not, please recommend a converter that will work.
- Asked by Hyoung Ryul K from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect from a PC with dual-link DVI to a Thunderbolt Display (27"), with Altona AT-DP400 (with MiniDisplayPort output)?)
Can a Thunderbolt display switch between two computers?
Can a Thunderbolt display switch between two computers?
If a Thunderbolt display is the primary display for a Mac Mini, is it possible for the display to switch to a MacBook Air? Without necessarily pulling the Thunderbolt connection from the Mac Mini? (Extra credit if this means the two machines could share the same USB-connected keyboard and mouse, via the same display?)
- Asked by Marc Y from Stony Brook
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a Thunderbolt display switch between two computers?)