Similar questions from the community
If the Magic Trackpad is used with a MacBook Pro, will it conflict with the onboard trackpad or will they both work properly?
In other words, can the Magic Trackpad be used with a MacBook and/or MacBook Pro?
- Asked by George L from Yellowknife
- Flag as inappropriate (If the Magic Trackpad is used with a MacBook Pro, will it conflict with the onboard trackpad or will they both work properly?)
Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?
I am currently running a stock 21.5 " i5 iMac 4GB RAM and notice that I only max out about 2.50 Gb or so memory when multitasking and using the system normally.
I recently purchased a magic trackpad which I have had replaced by Apple as my old one was faulty and have found that in one spot of the trackpad I get slight cursor delay.
This was the exact same problem (there were other problems also with my old one) that happened with my previous trackpad so I'm starting to think this now must be a software fault.
Unless there are any issues with mountain lion (I'm running the latest version) that I'm not aware of the only other explanation I can think of is the RAM.
Would RAM have an effect on cursor delay on a trackpad? I find it hard to believe I've had two trackpads with the same issue and it has been in the exact same place (In the bottom right hand corner of the pad)
Would upgrading my RAM to 8GB have any effect?
Any thoughts on the issue?
(I was also thinking it may be related to the notification centre gesture in some way as you have to swipe with two fingers from the right to active this)
- Asked by Jonathan H
- Flag as inappropriate (Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?)
Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?
Based on my research - pinch/zoom, other advanced multi-touch functions are gone but simple click to select & pointer functions work. But can I still use tap to select? Vertical &/or Horizontal Scroll? Adjust tap sensitivity & cursor speed?
Need trackpad instead of a mouse to deal with RSI (repetitive stress injury on click finger) – there aren’t that many to pick from & have really mixed reviews. No doubt this one is the best for mac, but not sure about in Windows. I don't need the most advanced functions, but have to be able to switch to the tap to select and adjust some basic sensitivity settings.
I went to the store to ask but the people there didn't even know there was a driver out for PC / Windows...Please help!
- Asked by Heather B from The Woodlands
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?)
is magic trackpad compatible with a mac book pro?
I am planning on buying a mac book pro or an imac. I need to know if magic trackpad works for mac book pro because it would be really useful to help me decide.
- Asked by Dan B
- Flag as inappropriate (is magic trackpad compatible with a mac book pro?)
Is it good for drawing on Sketchbook Pro?
i find i very difficult to use my magic mouse to draw, will this make it a lot more realistic in using SBP?
- Asked by Oliver K from Caves Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it good for drawing on Sketchbook Pro?)
Does the Magic Trackpad driver for Win7 fully support that OS's Touch functionality? I am most interested in using it with Solidworks 2010.
- Asked by Michael K from Goleta
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Magic Trackpad driver for Win7 fully support that OS's Touch functionality? I am most interested in using it with Solidworks 2010.)
Can the Magic Trackpad be used on Windows 7 (32bit) to write Traditional Chinese? If so, how?
I know you can change a setting on Windows 7 to display Traditional Chinese but how would I use this trackpad to actually write chinese with my finger. Is there a preference setting in Windows 7 to accept finger brush strokes as chinese text?
- Asked by Anthony Y
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Magic Trackpad be used on Windows 7 (32bit) to write Traditional Chinese? If so, how?)
Will the Magic Trackpad work with Lion Operating System ?? I am using MacOSX with Snow Leopard and will upgrade to Lion as soon as it is released .
- Asked by Richard R from Sioux City
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Magic Trackpad work with Lion Operating System ?? I am using MacOSX with Snow Leopard and will upgrade to Lion as soon as it is released .)
Does the magic trackpad work with bootcamp? Has anyone tried using for architecture based programs such as AutoCad, Sketchup, Chief Architect etc..
Do the multi-touch features of the Magic Trackpad work on older MacBook models?
I have a Late 2007 MacBook (3,1) and I've always been interested in the multi-touch gestures featured in the later models, such as using 3 and 4-finger dragging or inertia scrolling, and my interest has risen even greater with the prominent use of them in OS X Lion. So I was wondering whether it is possible to use these multi-touch gestures if I bought a Magic Trackpad. Would these 3 and 4 finger gestures now work with my MacBook using the Magic Trackpad, or is it just impossible to access these functions without upgrading to a later Mac model? I have 10.6.6 currently, so I assume that I already have that Magic Trackpad and Multi-Touch Trackpad Update 1.0 installed. Thanks in advance.
- Asked by Ivo M
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the multi-touch features of the Magic Trackpad work on older MacBook models?)
Can I use both the magic mouse and the magic trackpad?
Can both the Magic Mouse and the Magic Trackpad be linked with the computer at the same time?
- Asked by Carmen Tam M from Saratoga
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use both the magic mouse and the magic trackpad?)