Similar questions from the community
Does the magic trackpad work better than the magic mouse?
My magic mouse is terrible. Right-clicking is a nightmare, and the battery power is weak. I always need to re-charge the batteries.
- Asked by Nicolaas S from Rumford
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the magic trackpad work better than the magic mouse?)
Can I use both the magic mouse and the magic trackpad?
Can both the Magic Mouse and the Magic Trackpad be linked with the computer at the same time?
- Asked by Carmen Tam M from Saratoga
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use both the magic mouse and the magic trackpad?)
Is the magic trackpad easy to bring around?
My trackpad on my mac is acting on its own and the Apple store said that I have to pay 1300 dollars to get it fixed because AppleCare doesn't cover it. Should I buy this so I can replace my trackpad?
- Asked by Olivia L from Cresskill
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the magic trackpad easy to bring around?)
Can I use the magic trackpad and magic mouse at the same time?
- Asked by Floyd W from La Quinta
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the magic trackpad and magic mouse at the same time?)
Can you turn off right click capability on a magic trackpad?
I am left-handed and would like to disable the right-click feature of my Magic Trackpad. Is there a way to do this?
- Asked by Mitch M from Goodlettsville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you turn off right click capability on a magic trackpad?)
What is the range of the Magic Trackpad?
I want to use the trackpad 30 feet away from my laptop (for when my laptop is plugged into a projector in the corner of the room). Will it respond quickly? My bluetooth mouse barely responds at that range.
- Asked by Bill S from San Dimas
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the range of the Magic Trackpad?)
Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?
Based on my research - pinch/zoom, other advanced multi-touch functions are gone but simple click to select & pointer functions work. But can I still use tap to select? Vertical &/or Horizontal Scroll? Adjust tap sensitivity & cursor speed?
Need trackpad instead of a mouse to deal with RSI (repetitive stress injury on click finger) – there aren’t that many to pick from & have really mixed reviews. No doubt this one is the best for mac, but not sure about in Windows. I don't need the most advanced functions, but have to be able to switch to the tap to select and adjust some basic sensitivity settings.
I went to the store to ask but the people there didn't even know there was a driver out for PC / Windows...Please help!
- Asked by Heather B from The Woodlands
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?)
Does the Magic Trackpad work with multiple monitors?
With a mouse, I have to drag the mouse around to get to the second monitor. I would imagine that the whole trackpad would map to the size of both screens, but would this cause it to be a little harder to control? Or less precise?
- Asked by Vincent A from Johnston
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Magic Trackpad work with multiple monitors?)
is this magic trackpad bigger than my macbook pro mouse?
who big is it?
- Asked by Camilo A
- Flag as inappropriate (is this magic trackpad bigger than my macbook pro mouse?)
Is it possible to enable a CTRL-click option with the magic trackpad?
I mean to get the context menu without having to actually hold down the CTRL key (right-click in WNDWS)
- Asked by Osvaldo G from Santa Clara
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to enable a CTRL-click option with the magic trackpad?)
Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands
On the MBP which has the same trackpad, I have to click on one corner with my finger of one hand and with my other hand I can drag either to highlight several items or drag and drop items or both. If you look the TrackPad options in the System Preference... it is called Secondary Click under One Finger. The reason I ask is the location of the trackpad would be on the right or left of the keyboard rather than in front if it were to replace the mouse. How does one achieve the Secondary Click with one hand?
- Asked by Brad K from Maple Grove
- Flag as inappropriate (Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands)
does anyone have experience of a magic mouse scrolling thru pages in InDesign (pretty much) on it's own? this trackpad may be just what we need!
trackpad with InDesign
- Asked by James B from Teddington
- Flag as inappropriate (does anyone have experience of a magic mouse scrolling thru pages in InDesign (pretty much) on it's own? this trackpad may be just what we need!)
Is there phone support for the Apple Trackpad?
I have a computer that is out of warranty. If I purchase a Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad, do I have to have a support line to assist me with installing it to work with my Macbook?
- Asked by Joji A from Quezon City
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there phone support for the Apple Trackpad?)
Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?
I use SketchUp and use a two-button and scroll-wheel/button mouse. The center wheel controls zoom, but is also a button and when clicked controls orbit/pan/etc. Major workflow requirement. Does the Magicpad emulate this in any way?
ALSO! Majorly important for using the pad with one hand.. My Win laptop has a feature/option (in accessibility options, I believe) that allows you to double-tap to grab a window or object, and the grab locks the click-down action until you click a second time to release it. i.e. You can double tap to start a drag, then pick up your finger and move the item as necessary, then tap again to finish the move. no need to hold your thumb and twist your hand around to move the other finger. I use this a lot. Is this an option as well?
- Asked by Don E from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate (Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?)