Similar questions from the community
How much more power drain does the Magic Mouse cause to a MacBook Pro compared to a wired mouse?
In a few months I'll be purchasing a MacBook Pro. I'll be setting it up as a desktop with an external HP monitor, an Apple Magic Mouse, an Apple wireless keyboard and a mini Displayport to DVI adaptor. But I'll also use it as laptop sometimes. And I'll probably bring it to school occasionally. I really don't like trackpads very much; I tend to prefer a mouse. So,when i bring it to school I'd like to use the Apple Magic Mouse so I don't need to use the trackpad. I would like to know how much more power using the Magic Mouse would draw from the MacBook Pro compared to a wired mouse. I'd also like to know how long the Macbook Pro's battery would last when I'm using the Magic Mouse with it . I'm asking these questions because the Apple Magic Mouse uses Bluetooth and I know that Bluetooth uses a lot of power.
- Asked by Joshua B from Waterford
- Flag as inappropriate (How much more power drain does the Magic Mouse cause to a MacBook Pro compared to a wired mouse?)
Can this be used as a trackpad as opposed to moving the mouse itself?
I like the design of this mouse, but I'm not interested if I still have to move it. Since its multi-touch, I would expect the surface to work like trackpad...it just makes sense. I was wondering if this was possible because I didn't see it demonstrated in the video.
- Asked by Jonathan B from Jamaica
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used as a trackpad as opposed to moving the mouse itself?)
Is a mouse included with a Macbook Pro purchase?
This is in addition to the trackpad. I read some where that the mighty mouse comes with and I want to know if that is true.
- Asked by Luke M from Bethlehem
- Flag as inappropriate (Is a mouse included with a Macbook Pro purchase?)
can the wireless keyboard be used with the macbook pro"s trackpad
I want to avoid typing/computer errors by accidentally touching the trackpad.
- Asked by James T from South Lyon,
- Flag as inappropriate (can the wireless keyboard be used with the macbook pro"s trackpad)
How well does the Magic Mouse work for VFX work (like with Motion or AE)? I want a good mouse, but don't know if this has the precision I want.
The Magic Mouse is good for web browsing and stuff like that, but I don't know if it has the precision in Video Editing as I would like.
- Asked by Andrew N from Carrboro
- Flag as inappropriate (How well does the Magic Mouse work for VFX work (like with Motion or AE)? I want a good mouse, but don't know if this has the precision I want.)
Does the mouse work with an Mac Pro that has no mouse software?
I have a MacBook Pro and want to use the magic mouse; however, I don't have any mouse software. If I buy the mouse and download, will it work?
- Asked by Judith M from Fairmont
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the mouse work with an Mac Pro that has no mouse software?)
Does the magic mouse have a case?
I travel a lot with my MacBook Pro, and I consider that using the mouse is reasonably more confortable than the integrated trackpad. I use the original case (the one in which I bought the Mouse) to protect it, but it is fairly big and the mouse can move inside.
Here comes my question:
Is there an official or unofficial case in which the Magic Mouse would snugly fit in?
- Asked by Alex L from Alboraya
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the magic mouse have a case?)
Is there phone support for the Apple Trackpad?
I have a computer that is out of warranty. If I purchase a Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad, do I have to have a support line to assist me with installing it to work with my Macbook?
- Asked by Joji A from Quezon City
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there phone support for the Apple Trackpad?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad
do you have to move this mouse to make it work or can you do it all with your fingers
hi, I cannot play suduko on my laptop because it is giving me rsi,probably bacause of the odd angle. I dont play on desk but sitting in a chair. could i put this on the arm of the chair and use it like a trackpad without moving it?
Does this do zoom as well?
Basically I want to know if it's the equivalent of the MacBook Pro multi-touch trackpad on top of a mouse.
- Asked by Ryan J from Ottawa
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this do zoom as well?)
Can this mouse be used to play games like World Of Warcraft?
The mighty mouse worked with WoW but the issue I had with the Mighty Mouse was when you leave your finger on the LMB (Left Mouse Button), the RMB (Right Mouse Button) wouldn't work so you HAD to take your finger off the mouse button to right click.
Does this mouse have any issues?
- Asked by Shayaan S from Mantua
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this mouse be used to play games like World Of Warcraft?)
Can I use my Magic Mouse and a Trackpad simultaneously on my iMac? I want to upgrade to Lion and want to use both bluetooth peripherals.
- Asked by David H from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my Magic Mouse and a Trackpad simultaneously on my iMac? I want to upgrade to Lion and want to use both bluetooth peripherals.)
I feel you can get a wireless mouse that has buttons for all the swipes already. Can someone, with one, tell me if it is really worth changing?
This mouse looks pretty sweet, but is it actually easier, or more intuitive than a normal mouse? A concern I have is that I use new MacBook, and the new trackpad uses similar, but different, gestures and I fear I will confuse them when switching back and forth.
- Asked by Rick P from Glendora
- Flag as inappropriate (I feel you can get a wireless mouse that has buttons for all the swipes already. Can someone, with one, tell me if it is really worth changing?)
What is the best method and position to use the Magic Mouse?
To start, I am currently a PC user, and I hate it. PCs drive me nuts. I will be purchasing an Apple computer in the near future most likely a MacBook pro and will also purchase a large monitor so I can see it easier. So far, I'm very satisfied with Apple as I have an iPhone 4. I am very interested in this mouse and have several questions about this mouse.
Do I have to move my finger on the mouse to move the pointer, or is it like a regular mouse where I move the mouse and the pointer moves?
Since the entire top surface of the mouse is a touch screen if I hold the magic mouse like a regular mouse with my palm touching the back will that cause a problem?
I noticed on the MBP, if I tap with two fingers that is the equivalent of a right click, is that same in the magic mouse?
Thank you for answering my questions and I look forward to not having a PC anymore!!!
- Asked by David L from Belton
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best method and position to use the Magic Mouse?)