Similar questions from the community
Is it safe to leave my magic mouse on and bluetooth on my macbook pro all day and night for everyday?
Dose it drain alot of batteries? Let me know thanks guys.
- Asked by Anthony T from Akron
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it safe to leave my magic mouse on and bluetooth on my macbook pro all day and night for everyday?)
Why doesn't my magic mouse reconnect automatically?
In my office when I leave my desk with my MacBook Pro if I go far enough away my mouse disconnects which is fine because I don't have it with me. I don't close the laptop because I am just going to open it again as soon as I sit down. When I come back to my desk it never reconnects. I have to go to the bluetooth menu and tell it to reconnect. If I close the laptop when I leave at night it always reconnects when I come back the next morning.
- Asked by Bradley M from Pennington
- Flag as inappropriate (Why doesn't my magic mouse reconnect automatically?)
Does the battery drain faster when a Macbook Pro is paired with a Magic Mouse?
Some devices such as cellphones drain a whole lot faster and heat up when bluetooth is left on. My concern is that I may be wasting battery life when I leave the bluetooth on for the Macbook Pro just for a wireless mouse.
- Asked by Justin P
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the battery drain faster when a Macbook Pro is paired with a Magic Mouse?)
Can you pair a MacBook Pro with 2 of these so you can have one at work and one at home and not have to carry the paired one with you everywhere?
I take my laptop to work with me each day and packing up my wireless keyboard and magic mouse each day to take them with me is getting annoying. Therefore I would like to know if its possible to have 2 magic mice both paired to the laptop.
This would mean I could then leave one at work and one at home and remove all the hassle. Also if this is possible do you have to break the pairing with the other one as I would not want to have to keep pairing the devices each time I get to work or back home in the evening.
how can i tell if my macbook pro is blue tooth enabled?
i am interested in that new magic mouse but have to have bluetooth enabled on my macbook pro - mine is a couple years old and not sure if it is bluetooth enabled.
- Asked by Beth R from Dayton
- Flag as inappropriate (how can i tell if my macbook pro is blue tooth enabled?)
I have purchased it today, but it will ship to me in 2 weeks.
I have one question though, how can i connect it to my brand new Macbook Pro?
I haven't got the magic mouse yet, so i might not know anything yet.
But i want to make sure that i know what to do so i can install it quickly.
- Asked by Andrew T from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate (Magic Mouse)
Can you use the Magic Mouse with the Macbook Pro 13"?
- Asked by David C from Yateley
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the Magic Mouse with the Macbook Pro 13"?)
Can I use the old bluetooth mouse on a Mac Mini after upgrading to the Magic Mouse?
I have a Mac Mini I bought in July. I use the bluetooth mouse and bluetooth keyboard very successfully. Can I use both the old and the new Magic Mouse concurrently after upgrading Snow Leopard to run the Magic Mouse? I might want to keep the old mouse in use since I bounce between two monitors and I could leave the old mouse at my desk while using the Magic Mouse in front of my 37" Vizio TV.
- Asked by Matthew G D from Orlando
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the old bluetooth mouse on a Mac Mini after upgrading to the Magic Mouse?)
How much more power drain does the Magic Mouse cause to a MacBook Pro compared to a wired mouse?
In a few months I'll be purchasing a MacBook Pro. I'll be setting it up as a desktop with an external HP monitor, an Apple Magic Mouse, an Apple wireless keyboard and a mini Displayport to DVI adaptor. But I'll also use it as laptop sometimes. And I'll probably bring it to school occasionally. I really don't like trackpads very much; I tend to prefer a mouse. So,when i bring it to school I'd like to use the Apple Magic Mouse so I don't need to use the trackpad. I would like to know how much more power using the Magic Mouse would draw from the MacBook Pro compared to a wired mouse. I'd also like to know how long the Macbook Pro's battery would last when I'm using the Magic Mouse with it . I'm asking these questions because the Apple Magic Mouse uses Bluetooth and I know that Bluetooth uses a lot of power.
- Asked by Joshua B from Waterford
- Flag as inappropriate (How much more power drain does the Magic Mouse cause to a MacBook Pro compared to a wired mouse?)
Does the magic mouse have a case?
I travel a lot with my MacBook Pro, and I consider that using the mouse is reasonably more confortable than the integrated trackpad. I use the original case (the one in which I bought the Mouse) to protect it, but it is fairly big and the mouse can move inside.
Here comes my question:
Is there an official or unofficial case in which the Magic Mouse would snugly fit in?
- Asked by Alex L from Alboraya
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the magic mouse have a case?)
will this mouse work with any bluetooth paired with my pc?
i currently have a intel based pc with os windows xp
i want to know that will magic mouse work with my bluetooth dongle device or i need to have one built in a mac?? Pls. help me guys. I'm really desperat to have this thing.
- Asked by Naman K
- Flag as inappropriate (will this mouse work with any bluetooth paired with my pc?)
Can I use the Apple Magic Mouse with a new Macbook pro?
- Asked by Julio C V from Barcelona
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Apple Magic Mouse with a new Macbook pro?)
Will the Magic Mouse result in power drain if your Mac is left on all the time?
A lot of people put their systems to sleep; mine is powered pretty much all day. Does that mean the Magic Mouse will drain power while on in the background?
- Asked by Steven S from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Magic Mouse result in power drain if your Mac is left on all the time?)
Does the mouse work with an Mac Pro that has no mouse software?
I have a MacBook Pro and want to use the magic mouse; however, I don't have any mouse software. If I buy the mouse and download, will it work?
- Asked by Judith M from Fairmont
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the mouse work with an Mac Pro that has no mouse software?)
What is the best method and position to use the Magic Mouse?
To start, I am currently a PC user, and I hate it. PCs drive me nuts. I will be purchasing an Apple computer in the near future most likely a MacBook pro and will also purchase a large monitor so I can see it easier. So far, I'm very satisfied with Apple as I have an iPhone 4. I am very interested in this mouse and have several questions about this mouse.
Do I have to move my finger on the mouse to move the pointer, or is it like a regular mouse where I move the mouse and the pointer moves?
Since the entire top surface of the mouse is a touch screen if I hold the magic mouse like a regular mouse with my palm touching the back will that cause a problem?
I noticed on the MBP, if I tap with two fingers that is the equivalent of a right click, is that same in the magic mouse?
Thank you for answering my questions and I look forward to not having a PC anymore!!!
- Asked by David L from Belton
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best method and position to use the Magic Mouse?)