Similar questions from the community
can I use my microsoft wireless mouse with my mac pro laptop.
- Asked by Denise B from Newburgh
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use my microsoft wireless mouse with my mac pro laptop.)
do I have to have a mac keyboard to use the magic mouse?
I am presently using a microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard with my mac mini.
Can I buy just the magic mouse?
- Asked by Margaret S from Dover Foxcroft
- Flag as inappropriate (do I have to have a mac keyboard to use the magic mouse?)
Can I purchase and use a mac wireless keyboard and mouse to use with a macbook pro?
Basically, I want to buy the thunderbolt screen and use the keyboard/mouse combination that's great on the iMac, but I want the ability to be portable AND I want to be able to upgrade the graphics chip (which I sadly just found out I cannot upgrade on an iMac.)
- Asked by Angela W from Nelson
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I purchase and use a mac wireless keyboard and mouse to use with a macbook pro?)
- Asked about: Mac
is this mouse suitable for any other laptop?
Does it only work on Mac system?
- Asked by Minh P from Melbourne
- Flag as inappropriate (is this mouse suitable for any other laptop?)
Is the magic mouse as accurate as a wired mouse?
Is the new Magic Mouse as accurate as a wired mouse?
I work on an 8 Core Mac Pro on two ACD 30"s in CS4 and FCPro and find the previous wireless mouse is too sloppy and slow to use in detailed work. But I would love this new one if it is a fast and as accurate as the wired mouse that Apple ship.
- Asked by Michael B from Sarasota
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the magic mouse as accurate as a wired mouse?)
Does the mouse work with an Mac Pro that has no mouse software?
I have a MacBook Pro and want to use the magic mouse; however, I don't have any mouse software. If I buy the mouse and download, will it work?
- Asked by Judith M from Fairmont
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the mouse work with an Mac Pro that has no mouse software?)
Does it work well with Mac Pros? I had problems with old mic and interference with the metal body.
I used to have a wireless Mighty Mouse and it didn't work well with my Mac Pro. It has bluetooth in it, but it always lost connection. Had to settle for a wired mouse. Been using wired for the past several years, but would like to have a wireless now.
- Asked by Bryant C from Minneapolis
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work well with Mac Pros? I had problems with old mic and interference with the metal body.)
How much more power drain does the Magic Mouse cause to a MacBook Pro compared to a wired mouse?
In a few months I'll be purchasing a MacBook Pro. I'll be setting it up as a desktop with an external HP monitor, an Apple Magic Mouse, an Apple wireless keyboard and a mini Displayport to DVI adaptor. But I'll also use it as laptop sometimes. And I'll probably bring it to school occasionally. I really don't like trackpads very much; I tend to prefer a mouse. So,when i bring it to school I'd like to use the Apple Magic Mouse so I don't need to use the trackpad. I would like to know how much more power using the Magic Mouse would draw from the MacBook Pro compared to a wired mouse. I'd also like to know how long the Macbook Pro's battery would last when I'm using the Magic Mouse with it . I'm asking these questions because the Apple Magic Mouse uses Bluetooth and I know that Bluetooth uses a lot of power.
- Asked by Joshua B from Waterford
- Flag as inappropriate (How much more power drain does the Magic Mouse cause to a MacBook Pro compared to a wired mouse?)
Why doesn't my magic mouse reconnect automatically?
In my office when I leave my desk with my MacBook Pro if I go far enough away my mouse disconnects which is fine because I don't have it with me. I don't close the laptop because I am just going to open it again as soon as I sit down. When I come back to my desk it never reconnects. I have to go to the bluetooth menu and tell it to reconnect. If I close the laptop when I leave at night it always reconnects when I come back the next morning.
- Asked by Bradley M from Pennington
- Flag as inappropriate (Why doesn't my magic mouse reconnect automatically?)
What do you think about connection & reliability of a Mac Bluetooth mouse?
Windows XP world: World of hurt with wireless mice. Bluetooth=Poor headset experience. Not sure I want to move from a wired mouse.
- Asked by John B from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate (What do you think about connection & reliability of a Mac Bluetooth mouse?)