Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
How can I control Philips Hue lights with Siri?
I want to control my Hue lights with my iPhone6 voice control (Siri). I've asked her and she tells me she can't until I "set something up".
What do I need to set up?
My lights are functioning and the Hue app is fine but I really want to get Siri to do it.
Thanks in advance
- Asked by Darcy J from Bulgarra
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I control Philips Hue lights with Siri?)
Can it be used in any lamp(like any place you can put a light build at)
- Asked by Waymon B from Conshohocken
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it be used in any lamp(like any place you can put a light build at))
bulbs will flash light when iphone ring or message ?
- Asked by Jody C from Blackbutt
- Flag as inappropriate (bulbs will flash light when iphone ring or message ?)
Can i connect two phones to one bridge?
I would like to be able to control the same bulbs from both my phone and my roommates phone. Is this possible or would i just have to buy another bridge (hub/starter kit)? From what I understand that would still not allow us to control the same bulbs because you cannot link a bulb to more than one bridge?
- Asked by Andrew S from Wayne
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect two phones to one bridge?)
With the Philips Hue, if I exceed the 50 bulb limit of the Bridge, can I use a 2nd Bridge to control bulb number 51 to 100?
I know that the maximum number of bulbs that a single Philips Hue Bridge can control is 50. If I exceed 50 bulbs, can I use a second Hue Bridge within the same wifi network to control bulbs number 51 to 100? If so, can I still control all 100 Hue bulbs (via the 2 Hue Bridges) with the same single iPhone App? And will my single iPhone App “see” or recognise the 100 bulbs directly as one group of 100? Or will the iPhone app “divide” them into 2 groups of 50 bulbs each (one for each Bridge)? Anyone out there know the answer to this? Would really appreciate your help. Thank you.
- Asked by Maria Lourdes V from Moraga
- Flag as inappropriate (With the Philips Hue, if I exceed the 50 bulb limit of the Bridge, can I use a 2nd Bridge to control bulb number 51 to 100?)
I think these have been out for a year or more now. Has anyone got any insight in to how long the bulbs last. I like the idea, the reviews are fantastic and I think I would love to disco up my flat. But at £50 per bulb it's quite an expensive option, and I'd like to know I wasn't replacing the bulbs every year. Every 10 years might be OK :)
- Asked by Adrian B
- Flag as inappropriate (Bulb life?)