Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Does my iPhone need to be connected to wifi to control the bulbs?
After initial set up, does my iPhone need to be connected to wifi to control the bulbs or can it work while running on 3g as well?
- Asked by Nicole M from Miami Lakes
- Flag as inappropriate (Does my iPhone need to be connected to wifi to control the bulbs?)
How do I purchase the 220V/50Hz version?
How can I buy this product, making sure that I'll receive the 220V/50Hz version?
- Asked by Daniel V from Concepcion
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I purchase the 220V/50Hz version?)
It's the Bulb auto-volt 110-220 V and the wireless controller 110V ?
I want to know this because i allready bought the starter pack in USA and I live in Bolivia and my engery here is 220V
- Asked by Mikhail M from Hollywood
- Flag as inappropriate (It's the Bulb auto-volt 110-220 V and the wireless controller 110V ?)
Range of bulb from base station
How far from the base station are the bulbs reachable. Will I need multiple starter packs to control multiple rooms in my home? How do the bulbs communicate? Bluetooth? 802.11?
Is there any kind of authentication or paring needed for the bulbs? I wonder what would happen if a neighbor bought a kit as well, would they be able to "take over" my lights?
- Asked by Cody S from Fort Wayne
- Flag as inappropriate (Range of bulb from base station)
When using for waking do you find that the light simulates sunlight well?
I've tried a few daylight lamps in the past but none have come close to simulating sunlight in a realistic way (and therefore didn't work) and was hoping the Hue product might, in addition to providing a variety of other features.
- Asked by Rana C from Ypsilanti
- Flag as inappropriate (When using for waking do you find that the light simulates sunlight well?)
Am I forced to have an online account with Phillips?
Given all the security breaches and the growing awareness of outsiders violating privacy I'm a bit wary of products like this that force me to notify an external server when I am and am not home.
Can I buy these and strictly use the app on my own home network without being forced to create an account with Phillips?
- Asked by John V from Ottawa
- Flag as inappropriate (Am I forced to have an online account with Phillips?)