Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Which communication technology this device use? I have M-zone, it is on Bluetooth, it gives me alarm when it lost Bluetooth conn.. even it is nearby
What happens if hipKey battery dies, bluetooth disconnects or power is turned off?
What kind of failsafe protection is there? Say, for example, the hipKey is on a child and the iPhone is monitoring in Child/Alarm (proximity) mode, and any of the following happen:
1 - The hipKey battery runs out or simply fails?
2 - The bluetooth connection is lost (it happens, interference, etc)?
3 - The child or an abductor simply turns the hipKey off before going beyond alarm range?
- Asked by Rory J from Mississauga
- Flag as inappropriate (What happens if hipKey battery dies, bluetooth disconnects or power is turned off?)
Hipkey - Multiple Bluetooth
I use an Iphone4s with a bluetooth headset whilst in-car. Can the Hipkey be paired with the 4S at the same time or will it be necessary to carry out pairing again when moving outside the car environment?
Many thanks. Bill
- Asked by William D
- Flag as inappropriate (Hipkey - Multiple Bluetooth)
Does the 'Find Me' feature always work?
Say the hipKey is attached to a child, or item, and the child/item is lost/hiding/abducted/stolen. Company says the Find Me feature will sound the alarm on the hipKey to locate it, but the quick guide says the action button can be pressed on the hipKey to silence the alarm, and of course the hipKey can simply be turned off (before or after the alarm sounds) by the child/abductor/thief.
Does the Find Me feature (in the app on an iPhone connected to the hipKey) sound the alarm on the hipkey after the action button has been pressed, or after the power button has been pressed (and the hipKey turned off)?
- Asked by Rory J from Mississauga
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the 'Find Me' feature always work?)
Does hipKey work in airplane mode?
I travel a lot, but I don't bothering buying phone plans. I switch my phone on airplane mode and use the free wireless if it's available. So when I'm away, say in Cuba, I'm on the beach, and I have my iPhone with me. If my phone is in airplane mode, will hipKey still work as an alarm? I want to be assured that I can leave my belongings on the beach while I'm in the water.
- Asked by C Y from Kitchener
- Flag as inappropriate (Does hipKey work in airplane mode?)
How far does the child wander before alarm sounds? Is this adjustable? I there an alert on your phone to inform you or a loud alarm where the child is
- Asked by Autumn L from Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate (How far does the child wander before alarm sounds? Is this adjustable? I there an alert on your phone to inform you or a loud alarm where the child is)
Is it possible to lock the dongle in child mode?
Your website mentions holding the power button for several seconds will turn the dongle off. My young kids, even 11-month old, are very good at holding the button for several seconds. Is it possible to lock the device for child mode use?
- Asked by Phil K from Mountain View
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to lock the dongle in child mode?)
Can you pair more than one device at one time?
Hey, I typically carry around my iPhone and iPad, would I be able to pair both with a single hipKey?
- Asked by Imad M from Southampton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you pair more than one device at one time?)
Would I be able to use this near an iPad in an office? How would I be alerted if someone wandered off with it? The iPad will be on a different floor
We wish to use the iPad as a visitor sign in but need it to be secure. Will the alarm alert us if someone walks away with it? We are on a different floor to where the iPad will be kept
For now it is used with one device, more in future, but can it currently keep track of my glasses, IPhone 4S, and keys all at the same time?
- Asked by Mary R from Laguna Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (For now it is used with one device, more in future, but can it currently keep track of my glasses, IPhone 4S, and keys all at the same time?)