I LIVE IN VETEREANS , HOSPITAL MOST THE GUYS , HAVE BOSE SYSTEM I , WANT TO SHOW THEM TRUE . MUSIC NOT JUST A NAME , SOMETHING MY EARS WILL BE PROUD !
WILL THESE SPEAKERS , GET ME A FULL SPECTRUM , THAT MY EARS KNOW , EVERY NOTE HIGHS , MIDS , LOWS , THE VOCALS MAKE ME CRY ! FROM A LAPTOP .
- Asked by Leo B from Upper Marlboro
- Flag as inappropriate (I LIVE IN VETEREANS , HOSPITAL MOST THE GUYS , HAVE BOSE SYSTEM I , WANT TO SHOW THEM TRUE . MUSIC NOT JUST A NAME , SOMETHING MY EARS WILL BE PROUD !)
1 Answer from the Community
There is a psychological element to sound reproduction (do these $3000 cables make my system sound better? Does coloring the edge of a CD with a green sharpie make it sound better?) that can be somewhat subjective depending on the listener. Trying to impress other people can be a hard thing, depending on what they are used to. I have found that many people are very satisfied listening to low quality MP3's and not impressed listening to a CD or SACD on a high quality system. B&W make very fine speakers and they publish the specifications which is something Bose does not do. The frequency response for the MM-1's is rated at 38Hz to 22kHz at -6dB. That is pretty impressive for a speaker of its size. Don't expect booming bass from a 3 inch woofer, but I think overall that the sound would be rather pleasing. If possible, listen to the MM-1's in a store; the Apple Store is probably not the best place to audition speakers. If you need to buy without the benefit of listening first, you can probably safely count on B&W's reputation for impressive sound.
Bose makes a fine product with the Companion 20, so if that is your competition you will not be embarrassed by the MM-1's, but you might not necessarily win everyone over to the B&W's!
- Answered by Mark N from Nottingham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
could this be synced to a bose acoustic wave ?
- Asked by Jim B from Lindenhurst
- Flag as inappropriate (could this be synced to a bose acoustic wave ?)
- Asked about: Apple iPhone 4 Dock
Will this allow my music to be controlled through my 2011 Hyundai's navigation system?
- Asked by Kaley L from Statesville
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this allow my music to be controlled through my 2011 Hyundai's navigation system?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)
Will it play music from my itunes to my bose wave system wirelessly?
- Asked by Kathy W from Phillips
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it play music from my itunes to my bose wave system wirelessly?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express