How far apart can these speakers be placed? My desk is 6' 6" wide.
- Asked by Kevin A
- Flag as inappropriate (How far apart can these speakers be placed? My desk is 6' 6" wide.)
2 Answers from the Community
Speaker edge-to-edge is about 53 inches with the cable fully taut. I'd say around 4 feet if you loosely wired it around equipment.
- Answered by Tae S from Las Vegas
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If you want to recreate the same "soundstage" the recording engineer experienced, then you should space your speakers approx 45 degrees from your seated position. On a desk, that would probably only be a couple of feet apart - typically on either side of your monitor.
With the speakers at either end of your desk, their sound might appear to be a little disparate, and if you were bellied-up to your desk watching a movie, the on-screen dialogue would appear to be coming from the extreme right and left, and not from the center (monitor), unless, of course, you moved away from your desk approx 10 feet and recreated that 45 degree proportion between you and your speakers.
- Answered by John B from Long Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
If you are sitting at a desk, where do you place it for stereo sound? (On the floor? Behind you/in front of you, etc.?)
- Asked by Jonathan R from Boston
- Flag as inappropriate (If you are sitting at a desk, where do you place it for stereo sound? (On the floor? Behind you/in front of you, etc.?))
- Asked about: Harman Kardon Aura Wireless Speaker…