Does this case support the ipad in both portrait and landscape orientations?
It obviously supports it in landscape, can't tell about portrait.
- Asked by Steve K from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this case support the ipad in both portrait and landscape orientations?)
4 Answers from the Community
The iPad Air Smart Case has a hinge on the left side of the iPad. The cover does not fold any other way. It doesn't prevent you from using your iPad in portrait, but it will only be able to stand up using the folded cover in landscape.
- Answered by David S from Sherman Oaks
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The quick answer is no. The materials and design do not allow for all of the stand options per Apple's stock pictures. Landscape will end up being an approximate 25 degree angle from flat while portrait is 90 degree from flat. The cover is just not good at properly supporting the device.
- Answered by Jake W from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
It's not meant to be used in portrait mode. It stands up rather precariously in portrait mode.
- Answered by Michael K from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes. Not in the greatest way, but yes.
- Answered by Ray V from Elmsford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Is the orientation portrait, landscape or tilts with my ipod touch? and if so is it possible to just make it landscape? thanks
- Asked by Alex M from Branxton
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the orientation portrait, landscape or tilts with my ipod touch? and if so is it possible to just make it landscape? thanks)
- Asked about: Apple Composite AV Cable