I have Verizon Fios, will Airport Extreme can be use?
- Asked by Carlos M from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate (I have Verizon Fios, will Airport Extreme can be use?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, but you will need to keep the router Verizon gave you to function as a modem. Keep the coax cable plugged into the Fios router, then run a cat5 over to the AE. I recommend this set-up, because I have Fios and just set up my apple router today, and it is a huge improvement in speed.
The Genius at the apple store recommend that I turn off the wireless on the fios router by logging in (url is 192.168.1.1). This prevents network interference, since the two devices are very close to each other.
- Answered by Alexander C from Reston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes it will, as long as you connect it to your Verizon provided Actiontec router.
You can use this AirPort Extreme without the Verizon router, as long as you disable the DHCP hold it has to your Optical Network Terminal (ONT). Make sure you have an Ethernet handoff from the ONT, and not coaxile. Also, if you intend on doing this, your Verizon cableTV set top boxes will no longer be able to receive on-demand, and the guide will no longer work.
- Answered by Ryan O from Elkridge
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can this Extend the Network of my Verizon FIOS ActionTec Router?
- Asked by Yonah W from White Plains
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this Extend the Network of my Verizon FIOS ActionTec Router?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
is there an app for verizon fios
- Asked by Havelock B from Chevy Chase
- Flag as inappropriate (is there an app for verizon fios)
- Asked about: iPad
No answers yet
Connecting the ATC to a FIOS high speed coax fiber router
- Asked by Steven L from Voorhees
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting the ATC to a FIOS high speed coax fiber router)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB