Does the AirPort Time Capsule include parental controls?
Does the AirPort Time Capsule include parental controls, which allow filtering of websites and content by keywords and / or by internet rating systems? Because I will add a NAS to my network, I am considering replacing my existing wireless router with a Time Capsule but, to do so, the router function of the Time Capsule must provide parental controls.
- Asked by Greg W from New Britain
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the AirPort Time Capsule include parental controls?)
1 Answer from the Community
Apple Time Capsule access controls are limited to time-based access controls (activated in the "Network" tab)
Traditionally, Apple Time Capsule (ATC) doesn't get into the business of Deep-Packet Inspection that would be required for "internet keywords". My 4th Gen does not have this feature (only has timed-access restrictions), and I don't see it mentioned in the firmware for the newer ME182LL. I do find it much more stable and performant than DPI-featuring routers.
- Answered by Allan C from White Rock
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
does appletv have parental controls?
- Asked by Dan T from Wilmington
- Flag as inappropriate (does appletv have parental controls?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
Is there any upgade to the current parental control function
- Asked by Iswar G from Wilmington
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there any upgade to the current parental control function)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme