Can I add a wired network switch if I need more wired connections?
I am thinking of upgrading to a Time Capsule as my primary router and WiFi connection at home. If I needed more wired connections (say 3-5 more) can I simply add a wired network switch to one of the connections on the back of the TC?
- Asked by Gregory A from Golden
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I add a wired network switch if I need more wired connections?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes. I have a Netgear GS108NA 8 port switch that works very well with my TC. I just plugged it into a LAN port and started plugging other devices into the switch. It works great.
- Answered by James K P from Richmond
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I ended up doing the same. I plugged one switch in near the TC and ended up plugging another remotely where I also needed more connections.
- Answered by Gregory A from Golden
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Do I need a hard wire telephone line?
- Asked by Richard B from Balcarres
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need a hard wire telephone line?)
- Asked about: ecobee3 Smart Wi-Fi Thermostat
No answers yet