Connecting iPhone 5 to MDI music system in a VW Golf
I have the MDI with an MDI-to-iPod cable in a Mk 6 Golf which works with the iPod generation 4. However, I have recently purchased an iPhone 5 and would like to be able to connect it the same way such that I can control song selection and volume from the car's head unit. Will this adapter work for me?
- Asked by Nelson C from Bull Creek
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting iPhone 5 to MDI music system in a VW Golf)
3 Answers from the Community
No. I got one and it did not work!
- Answered by Mohammad F from Piscataway
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Depends what your VW group car can do.
Video and photos no.
If you only get music and the playlists then it will work exactly like your old cable.
If you used an MDI cable previously (USB and AUX splitter) this will work perfectly.
- Answered by Adam R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Apparently none of the 30-pin to lightning connectors allows for video passthrough. I have tried all of them and they do not allow video out from an iPhone!!
- Answered by Oliver O from Georgetown
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
How do I hear sound from my iPad through my car sound system?
- Asked by Felicity B from Nelson Bay
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I hear sound from my iPad through my car sound system?)
- Asked about: iPad
Can i run bluetooth connections to both jawbone for phone and vehicle system to stream music?
- Asked by John C from Batesville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i run bluetooth connections to both jawbone for phone and vehicle system to stream music?)
- Asked about: iPhone