Would this work with my Onkyo dock? It has a 30 pin connector built into it.
There's a built in 30-pin connector on my Onkyo universal dock. I'd like to make sure this would be compatible if I plugged my iPhone 5 into it. I've tried "wires" before, although didn't work.
- Asked by Chad B from Coatesville
- Flag as inappropriate (Would this work with my Onkyo dock? It has a 30 pin connector built into it.)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes and no. Yes, you will get analog audio out to your Onkyo dock. No, you will not get the same fidelity you had before. The lightning to 30 pin adapter contains it's own DAC. If you are using your Onkyo dock to get digital audio out of your iPhone to a high quality DAC, the DAC inside the adapter is in the way.
- Answered by Joseph H from Glen Ellyn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work through the Apple Universal Dock?
- Asked by Kyle L from Marion
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work through the Apple Universal Dock?)
- Asked about: Apple Composite AV Cable
Will the Apogee jam work with iphone 5 and a 30 pin dock convertor ?
- Asked by Ravi L from Cary
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Apogee jam work with iphone 5 and a 30 pin dock convertor ?)
- Asked about: Apogee JAM Guitar Input