Will the 85w magsafe 2 charger works better than 45w magsafe 2 for macbook air?
- Asked by Minjun K from Cupertino
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the 85w magsafe 2 charger works better than 45w magsafe 2 for macbook air?)
2 Answers from the Community
It should work the same. The charger doesn't "force" current into the computer, the computer draws what it needs from the charger. The MBA will only draw 45W max so the 85w charger will easily provide the needed current. The problem happens when you try and use the 45w charger with the 85w computer. It will try to draw more current than the charger will deliver and that can cause problems.
- Answered by Mitchell P from Carson City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Boris T from Nizhniy Novgorod
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
MagSafe to MagSafe2 & rMBP - Does it charge the rMBP while in use?
- Asked by Michael M from Highlands Ranch
- Flag as inappropriate (MagSafe to MagSafe2 & rMBP - Does it charge the rMBP while in use?)
- Asked about: MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter