What do I need to connect my Canon Vixia HV30 camera to thunderbolt on an iMac?
- Asked by Thomas W from Anchorage
- Flag as inappropriate (What do I need to connect my Canon Vixia HV30 camera to thunderbolt on an iMac?)
1 Answer from the Community
it's actually really simple ... and I just had to figure this out recently myself after upgrading my IMAC. You just need a THUNDERBOLT to FIREWIRE adapter from Apple. I picked one up for $29.00 So, connect the new adapter to your iMAC ... connect the Firewire to the new adapter and the other end to your Canon HV30 (or camcorder with a DV output).
Just a heads up ... the end of the Thunderbolt adapter is a 9-pin Firewire (Firewire 800). You will need a 9-pin to 4-pin Firewire cable.
- Answered by Brian C from Collegeville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I connect my imac to canon projector?
- Asked by Kristin H from Maumelle
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my imac to canon projector?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
No answers yet
How do I transfer data from my iMac without thunderbolt (only firewire) to my new Macbook Air with thunderbolt?
- Asked by Arvin V
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I transfer data from my iMac without thunderbolt (only firewire) to my new Macbook Air with thunderbolt?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2.0 m) - W…