trying to transfer from a 2009 iMac to a 2013 iMac with thunderbolt adaptor and firewire but it's not giving me that option, only ethernet or wifi...h
2 Answers from the Community
Try putting your iMac into Target Disk Mode. Shut it down, and turn it hold holding the "T" button when you hear the chime. The iMac will boot to a white screen with the Firewire symbol, effectively turning it into a giant external hard drive. On the new iMac, tell it to use the data found on a connected disk (rather than a network connection).
- Answered by Kevin W from San Antonio
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Ethernet or Wifi is a network connection. Firewire/USB/Thunderbolt are connections that your Mac has on it.
- Answered by Jeremy L from Flower Mound
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How do I transfer data from my iMac without thunderbolt (only firewire) to my new Macbook Air with thunderbolt?
- Asked by Arvin V
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I transfer data from my iMac without thunderbolt (only firewire) to my new Macbook Air with thunderbolt?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2.0 m) - W…