mac book pro retina and sound cards
I bought the new macbook pro retina and I NEED to plug in my sound card which is the profire 2626 with a fire wire 400 output.
Can anybody help me to find the best solution?
- Asked by Simone H from Venezuela
- Flag as inappropriate (mac book pro retina and sound cards)
2 Answers from the Community
I have a similar problem since I need to use MBP Retina w/Focusrite Saffire Pro24DSP (Fw400 only).
I'm reassured by Focusrite that: Mac-Thund/Fw800 adapter-Fw800/Fw400 adapter-soundcard or interface will still work and provide bus power although of course it will only work at Fw400 speed.
So you'll need two adapters (a pain I know, but that looks like the best solution for now at least!).
Hope that's helpful
- Answered by Andy N
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Instead of two adapters, it is better if you get a cable one side FW400 and the other FW800, to be plugged directly in the apple FW800 to TB adapter.
Check the specs of your sound card as this adapter provides 7W power. Not so cool, considering what it costs, but that's how they made it.
- Answered by Alberto T from Firenze
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Help? I need a sound card and a mic to record audio interview on my Mac book Pro. Should i buy an Apogee one or Apogee mic digital microphone?
- Asked by Louise D from Waverton
- Flag as inappropriate (Help? I need a sound card and a mic to record audio interview on my Mac book Pro. Should i buy an Apogee one or Apogee mic digital microphone?)
- Asked about: Apogee ONE USB Microphone and Audio…
How much memory does the Mac book pro with retina display have?
- Asked by Sarah M from Oak Lawn
- Flag as inappropriate (How much memory does the Mac book pro with retina display have?)
- Asked about: iPhone
Does it fit 15 Mac book pro retina laptop
- Asked by Lana B from Dana Point
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it fit 15 Mac book pro retina laptop)
- Asked about: elago L3 Aluminum Stand for MacBook…