Can this be used to connect a Thunderbolt only storage device (i.e. Promise Pegasus R6 18TB) to a Gigabite Ethernet Hub?
Our studio is doing a budget report to see if we can go 100% Mac. Currently we have 2 x 4TB storage servers that we'd like to replace with some of those great Promise storage units like the Pegasus R6 18TB. However those are thunderbolt only units, so we were wondering if the Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter could be used to connect it to a network hub?
- Asked by Brandon M from Westland
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used to connect a Thunderbolt only storage device (i.e. Promise Pegasus R6 18TB) to a Gigabite Ethernet Hub?)
1 Answer from the Community
I was researching an answer to this very question. I have tried using the Thurderbolt to ethernet adapter to connect the Pegasus to my home network. The light on my network switch, and on my Time Capsulte router when I also tried that option, did not come on, suggesting that it is not possible to include the Pegasus into the network. The reason I was researching was because I want to locate the Pegasus elsewhere than next to, and directly linked to, my Mac. I'm still looking for a definitive answer because I may have been doing something wrong, or failed to do something in addition.
- Answered by Colleen W from Topsham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can two MacBook Pros with Retina Display access / work with the stored content at the same time?
- Asked by Paul P from Ottawa
- Flag as inappropriate (Can two MacBook Pros with Retina Display access / work with the stored content at the same time?)
- Asked about: PROMISE Pegasus2 R6 12TB (6 by 2TB)…
Promise Pegasus2 4tb Drive 5900 / 7200
- Asked by Gareth T
- Flag as inappropriate (Promise Pegasus2 4tb Drive 5900 / 7200)
- Asked about: PROMISE Pegasus2 R Series 4TB SATA …
No answers yet