Can you use a VESA mount for an I-pad on a wheelchair?
The client has an otter box cover on an i-pad which is too thick to fit in a Ram-mount which we got last week. Maybe we can adapt it if we can fit into a VESA mount..
Many thanks, Marian Foley.
1 Answer from the Community
First of all, this product is not a VESA mount itself. It is an adapter that allows you to USE a standard VESA mount. Also it works only with the listed Apple displays by replacing the mounting arm.
Since the RAM mount will securely clamp the iPad to the wheelchair, IMO it seems like the Otter Box may be overkill. Perhaps you could just take the iPad out of the Otter Box? (According to the RAM site, the arm won't accept ANY case on the iPad.)
- Answered by Eric O from Rockford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can the 21.5 iMac be wall mounted?
- Asked by Sid P from Oroville
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the 21.5 iMac be wall mounted?)
- Asked about: Mac
What is the approximate footprint for the desk mount?
- Asked by Matthew P from Red Deer
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the approximate footprint for the desk mount?)
- Asked about: Bretford MobilePro Desk Mount
Can this product be ordered with the VESA mount attached for no additional cost—in place of the standard desktop arm?
- Asked by Ryan U from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this product be ordered with the VESA mount attached for no additional cost—in place of the standard desktop arm?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)