Can you charge the ipad in a car at all
if you had an invertor would the adaptor work with it to charge the ipad
- Asked by Nathaniel G from Ladysmith
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you charge the ipad in a car at all)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes, there are special charges. Most iPhone chargers have not the required 10W though and the iPad shows "not charging" - in reality, it charges really slow. But there are 3rd party chargers such as Garmin which actually charge with 10W and plug into the cigarette plugs. If they only mention the iPhone, do not buy it if it is for a iPad. Now, you are not supposed to use these for the iPhone since it is charging with a higher wattage but I do it anyways. It charges an iPhone withing half the normal time (iPhone gets warm).
- Answered by Tobias K from Duncan
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
There are two options, the best one is the iPhone car charger. Just use the cord you use to charge. Mine has a cover over the USB port. I also have a charger that plugs into the cigarette lighter that has two wall type outlets. I had this before the iPhone came out, and I originally bought it so I could use my heating pad on long trips because my husband fished the professional ESPN Bass Tournaments. When we got our iPhones we used it to charge one of our iPhones while the other was being charged with the Apple iPhone charger in the front cigarette lighter!
- Answered by Niki F from Livingston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Sure, you just use one of many iPhone car chargers that are available. Mine uses the standard USB power cable supplied with iDevices.
- Answered by Matthew A from Waihi
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
How Can I charge my IPad in the car?
- Asked by Katherine J from Powell
- Flag as inappropriate (How Can I charge my IPad in the car?)
- Asked about: iPad
I have an iPhone 5, 4s & iPad. I want a 2-port car charger to use with all these devices. Which one will optimally charge all of them?
- Asked by David F from Chatham Twp
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an iPhone 5, 4s & iPad. I want a 2-port car charger to use with all these devices. Which one will optimally charge all of them?)
- Asked about: iPhone