Which is the best display for Mac Pro MD771LL/A
I am confused whether to buy 27" Cinema or 27" Thunderbolt display for MD771LL/A. Please clarify which would be better.
- Asked by Chidanand M
- Flag as inappropriate (Which is the best display for Mac Pro MD771LL/A)
2 Answers from the Community
As of now, the Mac Pros do NOT support Thunderbolt. Only the new Macbook Pros do. Stick with the Cinema, there's not that big of a difference anyway.
- Answered by Sam D from Grayslake
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
As odd as it seems, Mac Pro doesn't yet have a Thunderbolt port or capability, unlike the latest iMacs, and all other Macs since 2011.
The Thunderbolt and Cinema displays are essentially the same, save for the porting arrangement.
You need the cinema display, as you can output to DisplayPort, HDMI etc from Thunderbolt, but not the other way around.
- Answered by Chris R from Goonellabah
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I Use other displays other than a Thunderbolt Display with Mac Pro?
- Asked by Gerald C
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I Use other displays other than a Thunderbolt Display with Mac Pro?)
- Asked about: Mac