Will this work with the new MacBook Pro with Retina display announced June 2012? It is not listed in the compatibility section.
- Asked by Zachary Y from Black Diamond
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the new MacBook Pro with Retina display announced June 2012? It is not listed in the compatibility section.)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes, but you are better off with the Apple Ethernet to Thunderbolt adapter which gives you gigabit speeds (Cat 6 cable) vs the slower megabit USB solution (Cat 5)
- Answered by Stephen I from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It does, using it right now!
- Answered by Nicola S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have just used it with my new MAC Air 2013. It is slow :( I connected it to my university Ethernet (it gives 40 MB/s on average), however, the maximum speed I obtained with this USB adapter is only 390 kB/s. I switched to wireless which was much faster. I think the reason is that this USB Ethernet was made for USB2 and my MAC Air (and all 2013 macbooks) has USB3. Of course USB2 devices may work on USB3 but to get the best performance I think Apple should update the Firmware of this USB Ethernet adapter. Actually I am not satisfied at all with it and waiting for the update.
- Answered by Mohammed E
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Compatability with 2012 Macbook Pro with Retina Display
- Asked by Leon B
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatability with 2012 Macbook Pro with Retina Display)
- Asked about: Apple Remote