Can this be used to communicate with a USB webcam?
I'm trying to setup a webcam using SecuritySpy over my network. I currently have it hooked up to a laptop, but want to have it stream over the network instead so I can access it anywhere. Thoughts??
- Asked by Eric B from Stillwater
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used to communicate with a USB webcam?)
1 Answer from the Community
No. A usb webcam wont have the capability of running as a standalone network device with its own IP address, so Security spy won't be able to identify the camera across the ethernet connection to set up a network camera and it wont be able to see the camera as a local device either without a direct usb link.
You need an IP camera (which has a built in server) to use security spy to stream remote cameras, or a second, networked, computer to connect the second camera to.
IP cameras have built in ethernet ports and wouldn't need this adapter.
- Answered by Gregory P from Ovingham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
is there a version of at&t communications manager for ipad?
- Asked by Bill N from Fallbrook
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a version of at&t communications manager for ipad?)
- Asked about: iPad
Will this hub chafe an iPad and communicate with it on all of the USB ports?
- Asked by Martin T from Eastsound
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this hub chafe an iPad and communicate with it on all of the USB ports?)
- Asked about: Belkin 4-Port USB 3.0 Desktop Hub