Would it work with an iMac g5
- Asked by Kaylee B from Orangeburg
- Flag as inappropriate (Would it work with an iMac g5)
2 Answers from the Community
The iMac G5 has a PowerPC-based processor, and therefore will not run Snow Leopard, which requires an Intel-based processor.
- Answered by Ron C from Alexandria
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
OS 10.6 requirements are simply: 1) Intel-based Mac, 2) 1 GB RAM, 3) 5 GB available drive space, 4) DVD drive.
The $29 Snow Leopard disk will do a full install to a freshly formatted partition or over Leopard or over Tiger. If doing a "fresh" install, you will be asked if you want to import settings, applications and/or files from a partition with an older OS. Almost everything transfers over and works, with possible exception of some printer/scanner drivers not supported by Apple. (For those, you have to do some research to figure out how to get to work.)
I installed to a fresh partition and imported settings, applications and files. That way, I could still boot from the old OS partition if something didn't work quite right in OS 10.6.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does it work with an imac G5 equiped with airport extreme?
- Asked by John A from Guttenberg
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with an imac G5 equiped with airport extreme?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English (…
I have an iMac g5, will it work?
- Asked by Theresa E from Raymond
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an iMac g5, will it work?)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with numeric keypad …