Macbook 2,1 compatible with Snow Leopard?
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook2,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB21.00A5.B07
SMC Version: 1.17f0
Serial Number: W87383LXZ5W
Sudden Motion Sensor:
Will I be able to upgrade my system to sync my new Ipad 32gb w/retina display and Ipod Touch 4th gen? I currently have osx 10.4.11. I plan on buying snow leopard and then upgrading again. Is this even possible?
- Asked by Daniel H
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook 2,1 compatible with Snow Leopard?)
3 Answers from the Community
Provided that you have at least 5GB spare disk space, you can upgrade to Snow Leopard with your current configuration. Once you have Snow Leopard installed and fully updated to version 10.6.8, you can then use iTunes 11 to sync with your iPad and iPod Touch.
However, you cannot upgrade to Lion unless you install more RAM. Lion requires a minimum of 2GB, and will run better if you give it more. My MacBook 2,1 has 4GB installed (although it can only address 3GB), and it runs Lion very smoothly.
- Answered by Rodney W from Niddrie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I just went on line-chat- and asked the same question(have same MAC BOOK), although my i pad is 16 gb. Upgrade to Snow Leopard. Once Snow Leopard is installed it will allow you to download apps and OS upgrades in the future. using the app store
- Answered by Vincent D from Upper Nyack
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Snow Leopard will definitely work on your Macbook system. Would recommend increasing memory for better performance. 1GB of RAM is the minimum needed for a Snow Leopard installation.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Is this product compatible with Snow Leopard?
- Asked by Maurice M from Haverhill
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this product compatible with Snow Leopard?)
- Asked about: Logitech TrackMan Marble Trackball