can i up grade 9.2.1 to 10.5.8 ?
- Asked by Arif H from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate (can i up grade 9.2.1 to 10.5.8 ?)
1 Answer from the Community
You can upgrade IF your Mac meets all the system requirements for OS 10.5 (Leopard). Do an internet search for "System Requirements for Leopard". (Leopard will run on G5 iMacs and later, but only on some G4 iMacs.)
If your Mac is Intel-based (not PowerPC), it would be better to upgrade to Snow Leopard (OS 10.6). Snow Leopard is still available and much less costly than OS 10.5. OS10.5 is next to impossible to find for sale.
OS 9 was sold by Apple from 1999-2001.
OS 10.5 was sold by Apple from Fall 2007 - Summer 2009.
(OS 10.5 was last OS to support PowerPC-based Macs.)
OS 10.6 is still sold by Apple, because you need OS 10.6.8 to upgrade to Lion (OS 10.7) or Mountain Lion (OS 10.8).
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can i up grade from 10. 5. 8 to new version and which one can i up grade to
- Asked by Johnny E from Belfast
- Flag as inappropriate (can i up grade from 10. 5. 8 to new version and which one can i up grade to)
- Asked about: Mac
Will the printer work for a Mac 10.5.8
- Asked by Norma Z from Eagle Pass
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the printer work for a Mac 10.5.8)
- Asked about: Epson WorkForce WF-2540 All-in-One …
No answers yet
Can I use this printer with Mac 10.5.8?
- Asked by Ann S from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this printer with Mac 10.5.8?)
- Asked about: HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf Multifunct…