can i up grade 9.2.1 to 10.5.8 ?
- Asked by Arif H from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate (can i up grade 9.2.1 to 10.5.8 ?)
1 Answer from the Community
You can upgrade IF your Mac meets all the system requirements for OS 10.5 (Leopard). Do an internet search for "System Requirements for Leopard". (Leopard will run on G5 iMacs and later, but only on some G4 iMacs.)
If your Mac is Intel-based (not PowerPC), it would be better to upgrade to Snow Leopard (OS 10.6). Snow Leopard is still available and much less costly than OS 10.5. OS10.5 is next to impossible to find for sale.
OS 9 was sold by Apple from 1999-2001.
OS 10.5 was sold by Apple from Fall 2007 - Summer 2009.
(OS 10.5 was last OS to support PowerPC-based Macs.)
OS 10.6 is still sold by Apple, because you need OS 10.6.8 to upgrade to Lion (OS 10.7) or Mountain Lion (OS 10.8).
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
does the Super Drive work with an older Mac: macbook: mac OS X version 10.5.8
- Asked by Pamela F from Lawrenceville
- Flag as inappropriate (does the Super Drive work with an older Mac: macbook: mac OS X version 10.5.8)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
snow leopard 10.6 OSX where to order
- Asked by Ron F from Haslett
- Flag as inappropriate (snow leopard 10.6 OSX where to order)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet
does this mouse work with 10.5.8?
- Asked by Karen M from Taos
- Flag as inappropriate (does this mouse work with 10.5.8?)
- Asked about: Apple Mouse
No answers yet