Are there any known software compatibility issues with Snow Leopard that would affect a Mac OS 10.5.8 user who upgrades?
Would my existing software — especially Adobe Creative Suite 2 and Microsoft Office 2008 — still work on the Snow Leopard system? I just don't want to realize that my programs are too outdated to work.
- Asked by Christian L from Woodstock
- Flag as inappropriate (Are there any known software compatibility issues with Snow Leopard that would affect a Mac OS 10.5.8 user who upgrades?)
1 Answer from the Community
If the programs worked with Leopard, I would think they would work with Snow Leopard.
I installed Snow Leopard on my Tiger system. Adobe CS3 continues to work (although it seems to work better once I updated to OS10.6.5... OS10.6.4 was less stable). MS Office 2004 works well.
I have been using 10.6.3, 10.6.4 and 10.6.5. 10.6.5 is more stable than 10.6.4, but doesn't seem to be as stable as 10.4.11 was.
When I do a major upgrade of any OS, I keep the old system on a separate partition/hard drive. I can always start up from the old OS if I discover a program that doesn't work correctly with the newer OS.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
how do you upgrade os x 10.5.8 to 10.6 which is the snow leopard ?
- Asked by Michelle T
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you upgrade os x 10.5.8 to 10.6 which is the snow leopard ?)
- Asked about: Mac