Is this device capable of sharing a typical hotel WiFi connection?
Problem: Some hotels have expensive WiFi only internet access that is tied to a single device. I'd like to share this connection amongst my devices (MacBook, iPhone, iPad, etc). Some hotels only offer fee-based WiFi and are bound to a single device. Can this device extend a WiFi only network like those found in some hotels?
- Asked by Michael S from Newport News
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this device capable of sharing a typical hotel WiFi connection?)
1 Answer from the Community
Usually not - as the hotels want each device to be connected/authorized. Instead, I connect my MAC via WIFI to the hotel, then share the wifi connection over the MAC's ethernet port, that is then connected to the Airport Express, which is configured to create its own network. This way all my other devices use the Airport Express and they all share the MAC's wifi connection.
- Answered by Joseph V from Clifton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Do I need new connecting USB cables for my devices?
- Asked by Bruce C from Williamston
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need new connecting USB cables for my devices?)
- Asked about: Belkin 7-Port Ultra-Slim USB 2.0 De…
Airport Extreme with Wifi Broadband Stick
- Asked by Eric P from Beverly Hills
- Flag as inappropriate (Airport Extreme with Wifi Broadband Stick)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
No answers yet