Can I use this to extend the range a WiFi network from a non apple router?
- Asked by Anthony C from Fitzroy North
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to extend the range a WiFi network from a non apple router?)
2 Answers from the Community
Only if it is hardwired via an ethernet cable from the non-Apple router. It will not take in a wi-fi signal and then repeat it from a non-Apple device. You must hardwire it unless you use an Apple router as your base router.
I have setup several of these configurations for clients.
- Answered by Robert G from Buford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, Wifi is not proprietary, it's a universal standard.
- Answered by Bobak F
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Extending a wifi-network with TC
- Asked by Marla R from Essex
- Flag as inappropriate (Extending a wifi-network with TC)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB