Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?
I am currently running a stock 21.5 " i5 iMac 4GB RAM and notice that I only max out about 2.50 Gb or so memory when multitasking and using the system normally.
I recently purchased a magic trackpad which I have had replaced by Apple as my old one was faulty and have found that in one spot of the trackpad I get slight cursor delay.
This was the exact same problem (there were other problems also with my old one) that happened with my previous trackpad so I'm starting to think this now must be a software fault.
Unless there are any issues with mountain lion (I'm running the latest version) that I'm not aware of the only other explanation I can think of is the RAM.
Would RAM have an effect on cursor delay on a trackpad? I find it hard to believe I've had two trackpads with the same issue and it has been in the exact same place (In the bottom right hand corner of the pad)
Would upgrading my RAM to 8GB have any effect?
Any thoughts on the issue?
(I was also thinking it may be related to the notification centre gesture in some way as you have to swipe with two fingers from the right to active this)
- Asked by Jonathan H
- Flag as inappropriate (Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?)
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
Can I use the Magic Trackpad while it's docked in the charger?
- Asked by Mark B from Cupertino
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Magic Trackpad while it's docked in the charger?)
- Asked about: Magic Bar by Mobee Technology
can i customize a refurbished iMac
- Asked by Ronald M from Oak Grove
- Flag as inappropriate (can i customize a refurbished iMac)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet