Will this work with a MacBook White (early 2009, no trackpad)?
- Asked by James R from Rochester
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a MacBook White (early 2009, no trackpad)?)
8 Answers from the Community
Yes, as long as you have OSX 10.6.4 installed.
- Answered by Benjamin W from Milford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It should, if you're truly using an early 2009 MacBook (which should have a built-in trackpad). You first need to install (1) OS 10.6.4 and (2) a separate trackpad update. To find the trackpad update, go to Support > Downloads, search for "trackpad," then look for the "Magic Trackpad and Multi-Touch Trackpad Update 1.0" download.
- Answered by Anina B from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes of course, but make sure you have your MacBook updated to 10.6.4 Snow Leopard. Hope I helped.
- Answered by Dallen O from Strathmore
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes, given that the MacBook is running the required operating system version and has working bluetooth.
- Answered by David H from Novato
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Yes, provided you are updated to 10.6.4 and have all the latest software updates.
- Answered by Michael S from Holladay
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
A Mac computer with Bluetooth wireless technology
Mac OS X v10.6.4 or later
Latest Magic Trackpad software update
- Answered by Gary A from Albuquerque
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
It's unclear what you mean by "no trackpad" since all MacBooks have them, but (as stated in the description) as long as you are running Mac OS X 10.6.4 or above, yes.
- Answered by Matthew R from Santa Fe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
Yes, the Magic Trackpad will work on any Mac that supports Bluetooth — which is every Mac for the past few years, MacBooks included.
- Answered by Eric Z from Columbia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
2009 white macbook power adapter QUESTION
- Asked by Andrew M from Tarzana
- Flag as inappropriate (2009 white macbook power adapter QUESTION)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…
Does the magic mouse work with an early 2009 macbook?
- Asked by Daniel R from Delano
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the magic mouse work with an early 2009 macbook?)
- Asked about: Apple Magic Mouse