Would you recommend it to someone who is an occasional gamer but mostly surfs the web?
4 Answers from the Community
Oh yeah, totally. The "momentum" scrolling feature is just superb. Feels like scrolling on an iPhone of iPod Touch. For your gaming needs, I might recommend MagicPrefs which allows you to fully customize the multi-touch features of the Magic Mouse. Because, it doesn't have a physical second button, some games I play lose much of their functionality because of that. In MagicPrefs, you can activate a touch-to-click feature that restores that the clicking wonder :)
- Answered by Alan T from Morgantown
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This mouse is IDEAL for web surfing
This mouse gives you:
a) Momentum scroll - flick your finder down or up in the middle of the mouse, and your page scrolls up or down even AFTER you've lifted your finger. Faster flicks, more scroll.
b) Two-finger swipes for back/forward - no more moving the mouse to the back/forward buttons on the browser, just put two fingers on the mouse and "flick" (the official term is "swipe") to the left (for back) or right (for forward) and you can control most of what you want on a web page without moving the mouse. Unfortunately when you DO want to move the mouse, the tracking is pretty slow, even at maximum speed.
Once you use the momentum scroll feature, get used to two finger swipes for back and forward, you will find yourself frustrated whenever you touch a mouse that is not a magic mouse.
- Answered by Chris W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by John S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes, This mouse rocks. It works so nice and easy that I am pretty sure you will like it right away.
- Answered by John K from Saint Paul
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Best laptop for an average, non-techy gal for personal use?
- Asked by Pam D from Bandon
- Flag as inappropriate (Best laptop for an average, non-techy gal for personal use?)
- Asked about: Mac
What would be the better choice of Mac for someone doing an English Major?
- Asked by Ashley H from Gfw
- Flag as inappropriate (What would be the better choice of Mac for someone doing an English Major?)
- Asked about: Mac
can I use an iphone with usb data cable to surf the web on my mac mini
- Asked by Jeffrey L from Winchester
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use an iphone with usb data cable to surf the web on my mac mini)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable