Will the Magic Mouse result in power drain if your Mac is left on all the time?
A lot of people put their systems to sleep; mine is powered pretty much all day. Does that mean the Magic Mouse will drain power while on in the background?
- Asked by Steven S from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Magic Mouse result in power drain if your Mac is left on all the time?)
2 Answers from the Community
Their is a power switch on the bottom of the mouse. If you know you are not going to use it for a while then you can turn it off. The mouse is supposed to have smart power management so it should all but shut down when not in use. When the magic mouse is turned on it will use some battery power no matter if the computer is being used or not. The Magic Mouse will just use more if it is being used compared to when it is not being used.
I still use my wireless bluetooth keyboard from 2005 which was supposed to go through 4 batteries in 6 months and in reality even when I leave it on all the time I get between 1 year and 18 months. I would not worry about battery life with apple products and if you are still worried I would use good rechargeable batteries.
- Answered by D T S from Riverside
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Just like a TV IR remote, it only uses power from its 2x AA batts when you are actualy using it (pressing/moving on a surface).
- Answered by James S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does this device over heat easily if it is left on all the time?
- Asked by Ryan Y from Monterey Park
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this device over heat easily if it is left on all the time?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Can you use the Magic Mouse and this keyboard at the same time on a Mac Book Pro?
- Asked by David P from Laguna Niguel
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the Magic Mouse and this keyboard at the same time on a Mac Book Pro?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English (…