where is the scroll on the magic mouse?
- Asked by Kevin R from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (where is the scroll on the magic mouse?)
34 Answers from the Community
anywhere you want but you need the wireless software update 1.0 which you can get through software update
- Answered by Dylan L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You don't need one. The whole surface of Magic Mouse work same as your ibook or macbook's mouse pad. Just put one of your finger at surface part of the mouse and scroll it any direction 360〬. Then whaallaaa.
To switch page in Safari, put your two fingers at surface part of the mouse and scroll it to left and right
Here is the quote: "The Multi-Touch area covers the top surface of Magic Mouse, and the mouse itself is the button. Scroll in any direction with one finger, swipe through web pages and photos with two, and click and double-click anywhere. Inside Magic Mouse is a chip that tells it exactly what you want to do. Which means Magic Mouse won’t confuse a scroll with a swipe. It even knows when you’re just resting your hand on it."
That's why they call it Magic Mouse. It really looks like magic. Go Apple.....
- Answered by Isabella S from Houston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The entire face of the mouse can be used as scroll. Its like a multi touch trackpad-so you can even zoon, flick, and rotate pictures,etc.
- Answered by Meredith W from Addison
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
it is a touch sensitive mouse, there is NO scroll, just swipe your finger vertically! like you would on a laptop trackpad
- Answered by Francisco A from San Antonio
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
The video explains that the whole top surface of the mouse acts as button, scroll wheel and multi-touch, depending on the direction and number of fingers you use.
- Answered by Dale D from Irvine
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
There is no longer a scroll ball on the Magic Mouse. You use your finder and swipe up and down across the top to scroll up and down. You can also scroll side to side by swiping left or right across the top.
- Answered by Josh H from South Hutchinson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Because the Magic Mouse uses multi-touch technology, the scroll is anywhere you want it to be on the mouse. Simply flick you finger vertically to scroll up, horizontally to scroll side to side, or in a circle to do both at once.
- Answered by Andrew W from Tarzana
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
Anywhere. Just place your finger on the mouse and slide it up or down on the mouse like you would normally do. The whole top surface is one big sensor.
- Answered by Nick K from Cincinnati
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
There is no scroll wheel or ball, however you can still scroll. The mouse is multi touch, so you can scroll in any direction just by moving your finger across the surface with one finger.
- Answered by Brian H from Atlanta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
There is no scroll. It's all by touch. Imagine it as a laptop mouse pad, except you can take it anywhere!
- Answered by Yunshen L from Irvine
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 10
You scroll with your finger. The whole mouse is a multi touch pad. You just...flick.
- Answered by Annette M from Bloomington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 11
Just run one or two fingers down the surface of the mouse where a scroll ball would be on other mice, and it will scroll down like it does with a Mac laptop.
- Answered by Claudia T from Skokie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 12
The Magic Mouse automatically detects any scrolling gestures you make on its surface, weather you use one finger (as you would with a trackball) or two fingers (as you would with a trackpad).
speaking from experience its pretty awesome!
- Answered by Rick E
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 13
The central part of the new magic mouse is able to feel the movements of your finger on it!
- Answered by Giuseppe A from Lecce
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 14
You use the top surface of the mouse much like a trackpad to scroll. i.e. you move a single finger up/down or left/right over the top surface to scroll in those directions.
- Answered by Lucas S from Englewood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 15
You scroll with 2 fingers, like on the multi-touch trackpad.
- Answered by Steven B from Coral Gables
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 16
The scroll's part of the Multi-Touch gestures. The scroll-ball is gone, you can just swipe your finger over the mouse!
- Answered by Rob H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 17
In order to scroll, you simply swipe your finger across the mouse... as if there was an invisible scroll wheel if you want to think that way.
- Answered by Jeff M from Laguna Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 18
The top of the mouse is a touch sensor, so you just slide your finger across the top to scroll
- Answered by Dillon M from Plano
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 19
the entire surface of the mouse is the scroll surface
- Answered by Brian G from Palo Alto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 20
Does the Magic Trackpad suffer and of the same erratic behaviours that the wireless magic mouse suffers?
- Asked by Kate F from Bellfield
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Magic Trackpad suffer and of the same erratic behaviours that the wireless magic mouse suffers?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad
Is there a Button 3/Scroll Ball feature?
- Asked by Darryl R from San Clemente
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a Button 3/Scroll Ball feature?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad
How can I reach the second row on my dashboard with my magic mouse since I don't have the scroll ball anymore
- Asked by Pierre B from Laval
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I reach the second row on my dashboard with my magic mouse since I don't have the scroll ball anymore)
- Asked about: Apple Mouse