What is the battery life?
- Asked by Etienne D from Montreal
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the battery life?)
37 Answers from the Community
For quite some time I used Energizer Lithium's before switching over to Sanyo Eneloops (Exactly the same as the Apple branded rechargeabes) and I can get up to 3-4 months charge off of a freshly charged set.
I'm curious to try the Mobee Magic Charger.
- Answered by Dustin S from Elkton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
For me, i've had the mouse 3 weeks and my batteries have just run down. I have the computer on 8 hours a day and power off at night. Assuming the mouse never powers off/sleeps during the day but does switch itself off at night that is 120 hours of use which seems pretty poor to me - from an energizer battery . If I am doing something wrong and should switch the mouse off each night or something please let me know.
- Answered by Keith B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Extending battery life without cost is easy. All you need to do is put in the partially spent batteries from your numerous remotes, thermostats, and the myriad of other electronics you use AA batteries for and use them until your mouse quits or you get the replace battery warning.
Yes you need to replace more frequently, but remember - there is no cost !!!
- Answered by Saul M. Z from Columbus
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I change the batteries about every month or so. I switch between the mouse and the trackpad on my 17" MacBook Pro, so people that use the mouse exclusively may have a different experience.
- Answered by Gregory G from Long Branch
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I turn the power off every night, and the batteries seem to last about 8 weeks. I'm actually quite impressed.
- Answered by Lisa A from Arden Hills
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
My battery life for the Apple Mice have always lasted several months. Of course, I am a college student who only uses the mouse for study and regular leisure. I don't know the battery life for a mouse used by someone who is an avid gamer.
- Answered by Phat H from Lawrenceville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
I have found this to be the best way with the Apple Magic Mouse:
Go to Costco, buy their Kirkland brand package of 48 AA's for $9.99 and not have to worry about battery life on the Magic Mouse ever again. It makes the Magic Mouse even more enjoyable!
- Answered by Thomas N from La Habra
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
I Got my mouse a week ago and have been using it non-stop and it's at 99% battery level which is pretty good considering my old Microsoft wireless mouse would be out of battery by now.
- Answered by Lesley L from Atherton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
Average of 4 months on two AA batteries
- Answered by Peter M from Basking Ridge
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
Up to 4 months
- Answered by Chuck K from Norcross
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 10
about 4 months of battery life
- Answered by Michelle M from Barron
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 11
Type and brand of battery
How much you use it
As with any 'how long will the batteries last' question - it is impossible to give an accurate answer.
- Answered by Clive S from Glasgow
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 12
THey claim 4 months.
- Answered by Michael A from Cedar Hill
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 13
Apple says that average AA batteries will last 4 months of normal use.
- Answered by Thomas F from Marstons Mills
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 14
well not having it for more than a few hours its hard to tell but after several hours of using it after full charge still at 100%
- Answered by Thomas S from Laconia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 15
that would depend a lot on what batteries you use, and would vary greatly
- Answered by Lucien W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 16
The time that you batteries last, then you just open the bottom part of the mouse and change for new AA batteries !
- Answered by Cedric T from London
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 17
How about the battery life?
- Asked by Haiqing J from Beijing
- Flag as inappropriate (How about the battery life?)
- Asked about: Silverlit Interactive Bluetooth Rem…
No answers yet
Which of the Macbooks has the longest battery life?
- Asked by Michael B from Mountain View
- Flag as inappropriate (Which of the Macbooks has the longest battery life?)
- Asked about: Mac