I have a 24" bluetooth enabled iMac which I operate through a BT Home Hub using ethernet connection. Can I use the new mouse with this set up?
7 Answers from the Community
Yes, it works with any mac with bluetooth, running leopard or snow leopard
- Answered by Matthew K from Waltham, Grimsby
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The method in which your computer is connected to the internet is irrelevant so provided your computer meets the requirements as listed on the product page below then yes, the Magic Mouse will work for you.
* Bluetooth-enabled Mac computer
* Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later with Wireless Mouse Software Update 1.0
* Existing keyboard and mouse for setup
- Answered by Daniel E from Edinburgh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes, you will have no problems at all as long as you are using Snow Leopard.
- Answered by Colin R from London
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
bluetooth compatibility means it SHOULD!
- Answered by Steven H from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Yes, what kind of internet you have or router (BT Home Hub) makes no difference here. Your iMac (24') comes with the sufficient bluetooth connectivity required to (easily) pair your Mac with the new Magic Mouse.
- Answered by Scott E from Thatcham
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Yes, you can. Just open bluetooth preferences and follow the instructions that came with the mouse.
- Answered by Jon M from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Yes this should work fine, because the mouse only uses Bluetooth (which your Mac is equipped with)..
- Answered by Adrian S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
Will The Apple Extreme replace the BT Home Hub (Black one)
- Asked by Jason F
- Flag as inappropriate (Will The Apple Extreme replace the BT Home Hub (Black one))
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme