how do you access dashboard if there is no middle click?
- Asked by Stefan S
- Flag as inappropriate (how do you access dashboard if there is no middle click?)
16 Answers from the Community
Actually, it is F4 on the iMac keyboard, I know that because I'm typing on one.
Hope this Helps!!!
- Answered by Marie-soleil T from St-nicolas
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
To access the dashboard set yourself a keyboard shortcut. The same goes for the expose function. Its really easy to do:
Open the System preferences pane
Click on the Icon called Expose and Spaces
Make sure your then click the expose button on this screen
You can change how you want expose and dashboard to work on this page
Once you have changed it to how you need it to be then quit system prefs and it works perfectly!
- Answered by Jonathan G from Brentwood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Magic Mouse 2 finger swipe from Left to Right will bring up dashboard.
- Answered by Alfred S from Colts Neck
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
F4, not F12, on the keyboard produces Dashboard with my Magic Mouse on my aluminium wired keyboard.
- Answered by Barbara T
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
You can use the keyboard or the dock, but you can also access it from your mouse if you set up a secondary click function in System Preferences>Mouse, then go to System Preferences>Expose & Spaces. There you can set up your secondary click to open dashboard. You have to set up the secondary click for your mouse first, then set it to open dashboard, or it won't work.
- Answered by Mary S from Ave Maria
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
I have my dashboard assigned to the top right corner of the screen in "expose & spaces" preferences pane under preferences.
I also have "all windows" assigned to lower left, and "desktop" assigned to lower right. It's a huge productivity improvement over using a keyboard shortcut.
- Answered by Matthew M from Tucson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Push the F12 button on your keyboard
- Answered by Chris W from Chatsworth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
By using the F12 key or by selecting Dashboard from the Dock.
- Answered by Ben T from Cannon Hill
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
New Apple keyboards (Aluminium) have a Dashboard key, otherwise you can always set it to a screen "hot corner".
- Answered by Peter M from Armidale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
- Answered by Mikol F from Ontario
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 10
Dashboard can be accessed by using active screen corners in exposes & spaces or adding a dashboard icon to your dock or using third party software to add the middle click functionality.
(Just do a google search for "middle click magic mouse")
- Answered by Peter C from Lower Sackville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 11
Just received my mouse today. As far as I can tell you no longer have the ability to access Dashboard since there is no longer a middle click or ability to squeeze the sides of the mouse for Expose.
- Answered by Alexandros S from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 12
Press F12 or whatever it is on the new keyboards ;)
- Answered by Guy D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 13
F12 using a PC USB wireless Gyration keyboard on Mavericks.
- Answered by Frank V from Sylmar
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 14
With Lion, after you set up the mouse, I found a double finger right swipe also worked in addition to F12.
- Answered by M. J from Frisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 15
You can set the dashboard to a secondary mouse button.
- Answered by Stephen M from Rancho Santa Margarita
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 16
Does this allow for middle click that would allow use with SolidWorks, Creo etc on Windows under Bootcamp that the Apple Magic Mouse doesn't?
- Asked by Stephen D
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this allow for middle click that would allow use with SolidWorks, Creo etc on Windows under Bootcamp that the Apple Magic Mouse doesn't?)
- Asked about: Logitech Ultrathin Touch Wireless M…
Does it provide 3 button functionality for X11 (left, middle, right)?
- Asked by Jeffrey F from Ann Arbor
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it provide 3 button functionality for X11 (left, middle, right)?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad
Is there a shortcut to the dashboard?
- Asked by Leah L from Edmonton
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a shortcut to the dashboard?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad