Does this do zoom as well?
Basically I want to know if it's the equivalent of the MacBook Pro multi-touch trackpad on top of a mouse.
- Asked by Ryan J from Ottawa
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this do zoom as well?)
11 Answers from the Community
To zoom you must press the control key and scroll, this is not the same as zoom on the MacBook Pro though as this zooms the entire screen to the cursor, and has been available through accessibility preferences for some time.
- Answered by Christopher S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, it does not support the pinch-zoom feature.
- Answered by Cam G from Anchorage
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Depends. No, it does not do pinch zoom. You can not zoom in on photos or web pages. The only thing that it will zoom in on is your screen. You can do this by holding control, and scrolling forward, just like with the Mighty Mouse and the trackpads. But that enlarges your whole screen
- Answered by Andrew O from Doylestown
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
yes it will zoom, but not like on the new trackpads. You must press command on the keyboard then use scroll.
- Answered by Aria S from Fairport
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
It does zoom, but not the way the track pad does. There is no pinch to zoom on the magic mouse, at least not yet. It currently does system zoom if you hold control and swipe up or down.
- Answered by Jason C from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
No, unfortunately it is not. It looks as if it does not support 3 or 4 finger swipes, it does not support pinch to zoom, and it does not support rotate fingers to rotate on screen.
- Answered by Tony V from Las Cruces
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
No, it does not (yet) support pinch and zoom multi-touch features
It supports single-finger left/right click, single-finger horizontal/vertical scroll (360 degrees) and two-finger left/right(forward/backward) swipe
- Answered by Daniel E from Edinburgh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
yes it does zoom. It says it will at the bottom of the web site for the Magic Mouse
- Answered by Brandon S from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
From Apple's website:
Hold down the Control key on your keyboard and scroll with one finger on Magic Mouse to enlarge items on your screen.
- Answered by Chris G from Roland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
Yes, according to the demo video, it does zoom.
- Answered by Dan U from Allentown
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 10
- Answered by Teresa G from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 11
Does it support pinch zoom, could I use it to zoom in on tracks in logic pro?
- Asked by Andrew J from London
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support pinch zoom, could I use it to zoom in on tracks in logic pro?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad
can they be used with the laptops as well
- Asked by Keyna M from Bowie
- Flag as inappropriate (can they be used with the laptops as well)
- Asked about: Bose® AE2i Mobile Headset (with Rem…
Can this be used as an alarm clock as well?
- Asked by Paris J from Mississauga
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used as an alarm clock as well?)
- Asked about: Bose® SoundTouch™ 20 Wi-Fi Music Sy…
No answers yet