Does the mouse work on the older versions of the iMac?
- Asked by Armen A from Burbank
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the mouse work on the older versions of the iMac?)
2 Answers from the Community
It depends on two things:
1) Does your iMac support Bluetooth? Since the mouse is wireless, it requires Bluetooth to interact with your iMac. Bluetooth support has been standard on iMacs since late 2004 and available on some models as early as 2003 (17 inch G4).
2) Which version of Mac OS X are you currently running? If you have Leopard (10.5, released Oct. 2007) or Snow Leopard (10.6) then you will be able to use the complete functionality of the mouse. Using 10.4 or older will lead to unpredictable results. Point and click functionality will likely work although more advanced features including scrolling, and web backwards/forwards will likely not work.
- Answered by Lloyd N from Cupertino
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yup, i have the snow leopard. Thank you very much :)
- Answered by Armen A from Burbank
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can it work for an older powerbook g4
- Asked by Brian K from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate (can it work for an older powerbook g4)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad
Does it work with an older macbook air?
- Asked by Tom B from Welland
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with an older macbook air?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
will my new wireless Apple keyboard work on my older iMac?
- Asked by Kent D from Yorba Linda
- Flag as inappropriate (will my new wireless Apple keyboard work on my older iMac?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard