Does the magic mouse work with the iPad 2
- Asked by Gerald B from Cortlandt Manor
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the magic mouse work with the iPad 2)
2 Answers from the Community
No. It is unlikely that any iOS device (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch) will ever work with a mouse.
The software that runs on an iPad is designed to use multi-touch gestures. While it is true, that the Magic Mouse has some support for multi-touch gestures, it is first and foremost a mouse. It is designed to provide two-dimensional coordinates for a _single_ point of focus. This is fundamentally different from how the iPad works.
- Answered by Malcolm W from Stockton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. The iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod) do not have a need or concept of a pointer.
- Answered by Kenn F from Carlsbad
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
will this mouse work with an iPad 2?
- Asked by Mark C from Peace River
- Flag as inappropriate (will this mouse work with an iPad 2?)
- Asked about: Logitech Wireless Mouse M510
will it charge the magic mouse batteries
- Asked by Mark A from Lombard
- Flag as inappropriate (will it charge the magic mouse batteries)
- Asked about: Apple Battery Charger