Does the Magic Mouse work with PowerPC (G5) Macs?
- Asked by Neil M
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Magic Mouse work with PowerPC (G5) Macs?)
4 Answers from the Community
The Magic Mouse needs OSX 10.5.8 Minimum - so as long as your PPC Mac is on 10.5.8, you should be fine.
- Answered by Matthew S from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Magic Mouse requires:
1) Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later (with Wireless Mouse Software Update 1.0)
2) A Bluetooth-enabled Mac.
As long as you have both, you can use the Magic Mouse.
- Answered by Stephen B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The Magic Mouse works with my Sep. 2005 Mac mini, one of the last with the PowerPC processor, running OS 10.4.11. However, only basic features such as left-click and right-click are supported. MIddle-click, scrolling, swiping, battery level, and anything else are not supported. Taking this into account, the Apple Mighty Mouse would be a much better choice for any similar system.
- Answered by Jeffrey P from Lewis Mcchord
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
You need to have Leopard and bluetooth. I don't think my PowerPC has bluetooth, but you get buy bluetooth USB stick for about $10 (I have one). So iI'll be doing that.
- Answered by Nicholas T
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Does remote work with PowerPC iMac?
- Asked by Iris L
- Flag as inappropriate (Does remote work with PowerPC iMac?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote
No answers yet
Will wireless keyboard work with PowerPC G5 using Mac OS X 10.5.8
- Asked by Delphford V from Pickering
- Flag as inappropriate (Will wireless keyboard work with PowerPC G5 using Mac OS X 10.5.8)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English (…