Do i need a mouse pad? I have a neat laser pad, will this work okay? thanks all
- Asked by Jane A A from Chardon
- Flag as inappropriate (Do i need a mouse pad? I have a neat laser pad, will this work okay? thanks all)
9 Answers from the Community
Laser tracking engine.
Magic Mouse features a laser tracking engine that’s far more sensitive and responsive on more surfaces than traditional optical technology. That means it can track with precision on nearly every surface with no mousepad required.
- Answered by Mikol F from Ontario
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The magic mouse works on every surface, so you do not have to use a mouse pad. The only surface that the magic mouse does not recognize is glass.
- Answered by Fernando T
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The advert says it will track on almost any surface so you should not need any mouse or laser pad. Of course, you may want to protect the base of the mouse (if the surface you use it on is rough) or the surface of your desk (if it is very susceptible to scratches).
- Answered by Graeme J from Glasgow
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
As the others have stated, a mouse pad is not required. However, I have a clear glass coffee table. The Magic Mouse does not respond to this surface. Frosted glass maybe a different story. Unfortunately I don't have one in the house to test. Great mouse otherwise.
- Answered by Todd N from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
The magic mouse will not work on glass. It is also very sensitive if you use it on a mouse pad which is raised from your work surface. If the optical head moves off the edge of the mouse pad then it can lose its connectivity and you have to wait until it reconnects.
- Answered by Tim S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Yes, it'll work with the laser pad. I did experience some persistent and consistent tracking problems on the faux cherry veneer of my bare desktop, but it tracks really well with my regular mousepad.
- Answered by Terry M from Victoria
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
I'm using a display model at the Apple Store in Norfolk VA and no mouse pad is needed.
- Answered by Steve W from Smithfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
you don't have to use a mouse mat with the new apple magic mouse
- Answered by Darren W from Attleborough
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
The mouse will work on all surfaces, even the human hand funnily enough, so it will definitely work on a laser pad.
- Answered by Toby D from London
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
What type of surface will this mouse work on? Do I need a mouse pad?
- Asked by Lily M L from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (What type of surface will this mouse work on? Do I need a mouse pad?)
- Asked about: Apple Mouse
How to do I pair my track pad with my I pad? Is there a wireless mouse that works with I pad?
- Asked by Nasreen A from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate (How to do I pair my track pad with my I pad? Is there a wireless mouse that works with I pad?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad
Does the 30 pin digital av adapter work for I pad first generation
- Asked by Daniel G from Port Huron
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the 30 pin digital av adapter work for I pad first generation)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter