Did anyone use the new Magic Mouse with a CAD application like AutoCAD?
I would lke to know if it is possible to zoom with that mouse... which is essential in Autocad.
- Asked by Gregor B
- Flag as inappropriate (Did anyone use the new Magic Mouse with a CAD application like AutoCAD?)
6 Answers from the Community
Magic Mouse perfect for everything EXCEPT cad! You will be constantly zooming in AutoCad by accident! Within Autocad, type "zoomfactor" -enter- then "3" -enter- (this is the lowest setting). This will slow down the zoom rate and may help a little.
- Answered by Gregory D from Cincinnati
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes it works great! I had my worries, but when I found magicprefs utility on apple.com. I went to the apple store to try it out after installing it, then bought it on the spot when it worked. I will never use another mouse again after owning magic mouse. (P.S. you have to set up the prefs in the utility. There is a present for CAD when first installed too.)
- Answered by David S from Garden City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes, you can zoom with the Magic Mouse, However for CAD, I found it was better to use my old Dell mouse, because I accidentally zoomed too much with the Magic Mouse, because the Magic Mouse zooms pretty much every time you touch it. I use ViaCAD 6, and it has no preference to disable 'scroll wheel zoom'
- Answered by Howard H from Pemberton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I use magic mouse with Revit, and it works very well, I actually prefer the way you can zoom and pan with the magic mouse. Only thing is right clicking.. you have to get use to it... apple products are just amazing.
- Answered by Luis M from Barrie
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
If you're using autocad I suggest getting a 3d mouse -- they will work the best in a CAD application...You don't want Apple's faulty gestures messing up your diagrams.
- Answered by Nick K from Orchard Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
It would seem so. Check the review 'Written by TH from Taylors Nov 17, 2009' who seems to be an extensive AutoCad user
- Answered by Chandra C from Petaling Jaya,
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
I want to use my new iPod Touch and my new Magic Mouse!!!!
- Asked by Yilun C
- Flag as inappropriate (I want to use my new iPod Touch and my new Magic Mouse!!!!)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard