Can the new Magic Mouse be used with CAD?
For example, the existing Mighty Mouse scroll ball can be set as 'Button 3' so when pressing it down and moving the mouse the screen pans. This is different from scrolling around the screen. If it does I will definitely buy
- Asked by Lee H from Kettering
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the new Magic Mouse be used with CAD?)
3 Answers from the Community
We have just changed to Macs, and bought the new AutoCAD LT 2013. To start with we could not Pan, but if you download the free software "MagicPrefs" you can enable the third middle button (old wheel) so you will then be able to scroll, and pan as with an old wheel mouse. It also give lots of additional options for two, three and four finger commands
The best thing since sliced bread, i am a total convert !!
- Answered by Mark C
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Magic Mouse does not have third button(also known as middle button) at the moment. Thus, it cannot be used with CAD
- Answered by Joomann P from Westpymble
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes as long as your CAD program uses a standard mouse input. The swipes and other gestures are questionable unless they worked with a MacBook Pro trackpad gestures.
- Answered by D T S from Riverside
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can you use the Magic trackpad as a substitute for a mouse or is it recommended to be used with a mouse?
- Asked by Thomas M from Clinton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the Magic trackpad as a substitute for a mouse or is it recommended to be used with a mouse?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad
I want to use my new iPod Touch and my new Magic Mouse!!!!
- Asked by Yilun C
- Flag as inappropriate (I want to use my new iPod Touch and my new Magic Mouse!!!!)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard